Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long range target practice

Re: Long range target practice

.264winmag, 140 Berger VLD @ 3130fps

Just wondering how far off the lands do you seat the VLD's? I've used 130gr Berger VLD's but they are extremely fussy where as the Hybrids are easier to tune. BTW, nice rig, hope you have a barrel on the shelf or at least one on order
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Quote Originally Posted by BCBRAD View Post
    Just wondering how far off the lands do you seat the VLD's? I've used 130gr Berger VLD's but they are extremely fussy where as the Hybrids are easier to tune. BTW, nice rig, hope you have a barrel on the shelf or at least one on order
    That is one of the reasons I quit working with VLD's.. Takes twice as long to develop a load, not only is powder and powder charge important but seating depth is a Pain In The Ass, Once hunting season is over and I can get my hands on some 190gr VLD's in 30cal I will try them again and see if I can get a load dialed in.

I run em 50 thou off the lands, had good luck between .030-.050". Never found them overly finicky as I've heard from others. One thing about them is if you can get em to shoot inside an inch at 100 they seem to hold sub moa out much further than many other bullets I've tried. Other bullets will shoot much better at 100 but they will not stay tight out far enough for my liking. Want to try some nosler lrab but haven't run into any yet, and they dont make 140 grainers. As for bbl life I'm hoping for 800 rounds, really like the sounds of the 26 nosler so less than that wouldn't break my heart. Bbl's are cheap

That's good shooting. Although I'm sure I could have f#$cked up the grass in a 5 foot circumference on the left, right, top or bottom of the target real good. So I'm close to being as good as you.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU