Thread: Texas Hog Hunt

Texas Hog Hunt

looking to head down to texas in early 2015, wondering if anyone else has been there for a hog hunt (preferably with a bow). just wondering about the general experience, what ranch you hunted at and when and if you saw lots of hogs. anything i need to know about licensing and bringing the meat home.
    any help is much appreciate!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Texas Hog Hunt

If I was going on a hog hunt down there it would be in a heli and using a AR 15

Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

looking to do it on the cheap! or id be right beside you with that one

The cash i would lay down to do that.....

lol definitely a unique hunting experience

Bump this tread I'm in the same vote heading down to Texas in March around san Antonia any recommendation ?

fanatic have you heard san Antonio is the place to go? its tough to find reliable reviews instead of sales pitches

I went down to Texas in early May 2011 for a conference in Kemah ( near Galveston). Planned ahead for a few extra days to find a place to shoot hogs, and drive around to a monster US Cabela's ( Austin).
    My search led me to Tactical Hog Control http://tacticalhogcontrol.com
    If night vision goggles, night vision scoped AR-15 types rifles,shoot as many hogs as you can per night, is what you are after......this may interest you.
    They are located in Madisonville, about halfway betweeen Houston and Dallas, off I-45.
    They have a two person minimum, they couldn't find another so I paid the full two person minimum. The Guide and I took 18 hogs off the farmer's land in one night. We saw between 40 and 60. Could have got more if there wasn't cattle on some fields. I had a blast, got full value for the price and helped out the farmer, by making a small dent in the vermin on his land.

Licences can be done either online or local Walmart, approx. $45 for non-resident.
    Last edited by wsquared; 09-20-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter fisher View Post
    fanatic have you heard san Antonio is the place to go? its tough to find reliable reviews instead of sales pitches
    I just booked with wild hog hunts ...I hope it will be ok , 3 day hunt with food and gun rental 2 hogs up to 299lb and as many piglets as you want.