Thread: truglo sight

truglo sight

I have been trying out this new truglow sight I has the smallest pins I have ever seen thought it would make me more accurate at long range being 50 to 70 yards at that distance the pin seems to get blurry and almost fades away instead of being crisp and clear . anyone else having the same issues ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: truglo sight

I use a Truglo 5 pin with 0.19 pins for both hunting and target shooting. You are right that smaller pins (0.10) can increase accuracy but in the case of low light, or when pins need to be illuminated by a rheostat light I find the pins get a haze to them which does not help me see my target. I try and avoid illuminating at all, I prefer 0.19 pins because if I can't see them at full draw in low light then it is most likely time to go home. Truglo makes great sights that capture a good amount of light, seems to me it just takes awhile to dial in what works best for your needs.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: truglo sight

I had serious problem with my similar sights blurring. I also was seeing double pins. I had my bifocals
    adjusted to better accommodate bow shooting. I then followed up on an ad about peep sight magnification.
    I can't remember what it was called, but it could have been 'rectifiers'. There are about 5 different strengths
    you can try. For my situation the middle one worked best. It make a world of difference in that I can see the
    pins clearly as well as the distant target. If you're interested, either PM me and I'll look up the correct information, or get in touch with Big Game Archery as I had him bring the kit in to his store. Apparently he has sold quite a number of them.