Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 18 rabbits down tonight

Re: 18 rabbits down tonight

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I see tracks but never rabbits. I saw cotton-tails occasionally at night while driving.
    Have the same issues as you. Tracks only lol

There are hundreds of rabbits in the Rosedale area, just east of Chilliwack, I have a cat that brings home at least a couple a week, and he only eats their heads, headless bunnies all over my yard

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I see tracks but never rabbits. I saw cotton-tails occasionally at night while driving.
    Those are Surrey BUSH rabbits !!! Lol.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

What time of day are you getting all these? Also road bunnies or field? Pretty new here

Blasted ten on sat night! prime time for bunny wackin is 6:00 pm till lights out,got a triple header powpowpow!

Fantastic outing, congrats !!

Where is hare assassin??Send out a search party?

Congrats! Nice work!

I haven't been around much since the site admin banned my IP address at work. The only place I can access this site from now is at home, and I am usually too busy with other activities to bother with Internet.

I've been out to my favourite summer/fall spot a few times. Went with my daughter yesterday am and shot nine of them.

Based on feedback from kurtl, I'm going to try cooking some of them low and slow on the Weber kettle, with some hardwood charcoal and hickory chips.

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    There are hundreds of rabbits in the Rosedale area, just east of Chilliwack, I have a cat that brings home at least a couple a week, and he only eats their heads, headless bunnies all over my yard
    There are cotton tails everywhere, but we cant hunt those.. not as far as I know.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    There are cotton tails everywhere, but we cant hunt those.. not as far as I know.
    Schedule C fill your boots

Schedule C
    4Schedule "C" animals can be killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to capture, hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife: (a) Rana catesbeiana - American bullfrog(b) Rana clamitans - green frog(c) all species of the family Chelydridae - snapping turtles(d) Didelphis virginiana - North American opossum(e) Sylvilagus floridanus - eastern cottontail(f) Oryctolagus cuniculus - European rabbit(g) Myocastor coypus - nutria(h) all species of the genus Sciurus - gray squirrels and fox squirrels(i) Passer domesticus - house sparrow(j) Sturnus vulgaris - European starling(k) Columbia livia - rock dove (domestic pigeon)
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.