Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18 rabbits down tonight

Re: 18 rabbits down tonight

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    There are hundreds of rabbits in the Rosedale area, just east of Chilliwack, I have a cat that brings home at least a couple a week, and he only eats their heads, headless bunnies all over my yard
    That sounds like the strart to a "B" rated horor movie

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Schedule C fill your boots

Schedule C
    4Schedule "C" animals can be killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to capture, hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife: (a) Rana catesbeiana - American bullfrog(b) Rana clamitans - green frog(c) all species of the family Chelydridae - snapping turtles(d) Didelphis virginiana - North American opossum(e) Sylvilagus floridanus - eastern cottontail(f) Oryctolagus cuniculus - European rabbit(g) Myocastor coypus - nutria(h) all species of the genus Sciurus - gray squirrels and fox squirrels(i) Passer domesticus - house sparrow(j) Sturnus vulgaris - European starling(k) Columbia livia - rock dove (domestic pigeon)
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by hare_assassin View Post
    Congrats! Nice work!

Based on feedback from kurtl, I'm going to try cooking some of them low and slow on the Weber kettle, with some hardwood charcoal and hickory chips.
    I'd love to hear how that turns out. I'm new to hares (WOW are they tasty!) but a total Weber kettle-holic... My only concern would be drying them out too much. I would brine them just in case?