Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sheep Season is....OPEN

Re: Sheep Season is....OPEN

Very nice! Good huntin'!

Good stuff.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    Good stuff.
    I detect a slight a avatar change?
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Yes finally made it north again after three years and found one worthy, doubled on rams on day 6, one 9 year old 26.5" wide ram, an old billy two days prior and mine 12.5, 14.5" bases. Killed him at 571 yards with my fav 168gr tsx of course. Spent the night on the mtn with the rams 14 kms from spike camp and woke up with ice on us @7500. Actually thats a lie we didnt sleep a minute, froze all night and took turns warming hands over a jetboil til we ran out of fuel.
    Took 5 hours to get our feet back in the morning from laying with our heads up hill, the cold and damp from the day before, quite the adventure.
    Passed up some Bou and a moose, got charged by a sow grizz and three subs on the last afternoon, all good stuff lol
    He's done with HBC and doesn't want it posted... he's my partner so I respect that.
    I rarely get on here these days but I know some good stuff pops up right about now. Glad to see everyone enjoying the north, especially the consistent 'killers'
    It was long overdue and a relief to see that country again for me. I already want to go back. See what the fall brings, looking to help a kid shoot his first bear with the dogs so maybe share that and some deer action.
    Last edited by BlacktailStalker; 08-28-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Okay Andy...story time.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Congrats Andy! We can always count on you for a hang on to your pants kind of hunt!!
    Completely understandable honouring your partners wishes. Sheep hunters can be funny that way😄

Spent enough cold nights on the mountain to know that throwing a 2 lb sleeping bag in your pack is worth it's weight in gold and you don't even notice it in your pack.

Anyway, congrats again!😎

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

BTS, glad you guys put a few down, sounds like a hell of an adventure. would love to hear more of the story.

Anyone else with news from recent sheep trips? we leave in 15 days, im frothing at the mouth
    Make Your Own Luck

Congrats on your hunt BTS! Sounds like something we'd do, 14km from camp:0
    Sheep hunters make their own luck!

Thx guys. Making your own luck is pure hard work, you guys know that. We logged 90-100km in 6 days and one was a short socked in day. Wish we went later in the season so we could have killed a couple better caribou. Capes are unreal though, look like sept fur.
    Soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    Thx guys. Making your own luck is pure hard work, you guys know that. We logged 90-100km in 6 days and one was a short socked in day. Wish we went later in the season so we could have killed a couple better caribou. Capes are unreal though, look like sept fur.
    Soon enough...
    Congrats Andy!!!!