Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kitwanga storm brewing?

Re: Kitwanga storm brewing?

Close the Hiway through New Hazelton. Shut down the tracks and re-route where possible. Hire that huge Russian chopper to pick up semi trailers and fly 'em into into Terrace and Rupert 24/7. Take every D10 possible and de-activate the whitey Hi way we built. Dig a moat around the reserve. Put up a barb wire fence with armed towers.

Sound ridiculous? It'd be cheaper than what 's coming.

This is is ridiculous nonsense. Blocking CP Rail is worth about 1 million an hour to them. If we can't get our products to port...Not good.

Racism is like any other discrimination. Too often referred to as Cultural privilege. It is no more then a human emotion of us vs them. FN is racist, The Indo Community is racist against whites and so are all the other minorities that were welcome into Canada. FN had it much better then southern neighbours and are dealing with a woosy Canadian legal system that hands out money like their is no bottom to what tax payers will bare. Of course white folks discriminate and that will go on for as long as we accept the Hyphens next to the Canadian nationality. Men vs Women is no different and has nothing to do with gender. Like all and any other discrimination. It is really much more simpler then that. It is all easily explain as "insecurities". FN may have cause to be in-secured and Canadian are equally in-secured by the actions of FN. Anyhow I am not stopping at Kitwanga no more. Planning is all it takes. Running over anyone is stupid. Think before you say stupid shiit. It would damage the car, leave a mess deep into all mechanical crevasses. It would end up smelling real bad and its against the law, so there.
    See you down the road

Interesting read

To get a couple of things out of the way, firstly I can’t say I’m especially pleased with the tenor of the news coverage accompanying this decision. It’s as though the judges have created new law, or found something wholly unprecedented, and they most certainly have not. What is certainly “new” is that this decision has clarified the already-existing law and the protocols and rules governing the relationship between the Crown and First Nations where no treaties have provided otherwise. Apart from that, all glory belongs to the Tsilhq’otin alone.
    Despite what certain lazy and disingenuous politicians and special-interest groups will want you to think, a sturdy body of aboriginal rights law, honored in its breach as much as otherwise, has been there for quite some time. All this “golly gee we had no idea” simply won’t do. The aboriginal rights in question, affirmed in Section 35 of the Constitution Act 1982, have been explained and elucidated in a series of decisions that the judges in today’s ruling cited, not least the Sparrow case, the Gladstone case, and also Delgamuukw Versus The Queen (since I’m hornblowing a bit I might add that I wrote a book about the backstory to that case, too – A Death Feast in Dimlahamid.)
    Similarly, we should not be so quick to characterize today’s findings as being a matter of judges having magically “granted” the Tsilhqot’in legal title to their lands in the Xeni Gwet’in; those lands were Xeni Gwet’in lands all along, and most definitively, I’m confident enough to suggest, since 1864. As we shall see in a moment.
    The other thing to get out of the way is that no matter what you might hear, the Supremes have not ruled that aboriginal “consent” is required of governments that might want to authorize the cutting of trees, the laying of pipelines, or the excavation of mines. The underlying Crown title to unceded aboriginal lands is still there. Across British Columbia, the flags are still flying on all government buildings. Relax.
    The thing is, the law already (viz Delgamuukw) makes plain that aboriginal title is a very big deal, and it extends even to the right of aboriginal people in unceded-land areas to cut trees on Crown land, lay their own pipelines and excavate their own mines, if they so choose, so long as the rights that gave rise to that title – hunting, harvesting, and so on – are not extinguished in the process.
    The immediate injustice the Tsilhqot’in community of Xeni Gwet’in set out to address in this case was that the British Columbia Forest Act was written, and logging was authorized under it, as though aboriginal title did not even exist. And that’s just the Forest Act. This is the dirty little secret behind much of the hubbub-making on these subjects West of the Rockies. As the judges put it in today’s ruling, “the Province’s land use planning and forestry authorizations under the Forest Act were inconsistent with its duties owed to the Tsilhqot’in people.” We should tolerate none of that carry-on after today’s decision, to be sure.
    However, subject to the appropriate constitutional limits, of course, “provincial governments have the power to regulate land use within the province. This applies to all lands, whether held by the Crown, by private owners, or by the holders of Aboriginal title.” When we come to this question: “What remains, then, of the Crown’s radical or underlying title to lands held under Aboriginal title?” The judges answer: “The authorities suggest two related elements — a fiduciary duty owed by the Crown to Aboriginal people when dealing with Aboriginal lands, and the right to encroach on Aboriginal title if the government can justify this in the broader public interest under s. 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982.”
    As for aboriginal “consent,” it is definitely very much to be desired, as always, but infringements that may unavoidably arise in the course of authorizing a valid public purpose that encroaches on aboriginal title – like the cutting of trees, the laying of pipelines, the excavation of mines – can be justified so long as the Crown acts on its fiduciary duties to behave in good faith, consult fully and meaningfully, accommodate aboriginal interests, minimize infringements, and so on. It’s really not that complicated.
    Honey Holes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is all

Hmmm injustice is 97 % taxpayers putting up with this shyt...you can not punish the taxpayer for 100 year old decisions..it is absurbly riduculous and punitive in the extreme to try and do what has been done...there will be an uprising for segregating BC based on race and trying to give 3% special tx based on race...that too is against the constitution..the rank and file WILL rise up andthe government will be forced into action...ultimatly no one wins especially your children..I dont care about the books written some will always profit off injustice..this is fundamentally wrong....what is best for society? Not this BS

Steven

Sooner or later some drunk FN or some drunk other race is going to shoot someone. I hope this does not happen, but when it does shat will really hit the fan. It's sad where this is going. Nothing but greed and money on both sides. Should be equal rights for all Canadians.

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    Can it be reliably documented that it was an intentional act? Not that Indians died of small pox, but that it was an orchestrated event. Throughout the world people have died en-mass when confronted with a disease that they have never built an immunity to. All it would take would be inter-travel with neighbouring bands for it to spread quickly. One Potlach and half the coast is affected, then the over lap during, hunting, fishing, trading and raiding season would start a swift chain re-action.

I'm certainly not convinced that the government at the time would do that, nor is it at all consistent with the way they handled Indians at the time. And the traders needed the Indians to supply the furs, so if you want eggs, you have to keep the chickens alive.

With the "re-write" of our history, some things get a new sinister slant just because the authours can.
    Unfortunately there are many documented cases of serious mistreatment. On example is the "nutritional testing" done by the government on several Manitoba reserves and in 6 residential schools. There are lots of documented large scale abuses throughout the last +100 years. Most people don't know about it because it has been swept under the rug and it is not taught in elementary/secondary school.

It's not did they do it on purpose when the whites gave filthy infected blankets that were around the dead of the small pox victims it was they used the wrapping blankets of the dead people after dying of small pox after burial and issued these same death blankets to all the Indians. With a warm looking smile to hide their guilty faces. I'd be ashamed to call myself a Christian doing that, and knowing what I was doing was inhuman. More like the grim reaper or a spirit from the dark side doing his deed.
    The problem was they dint give them shots to stop it, they were given to the whites.
    So the Indians were not vaccinated like all the other side equation.
    Basically a genocide of a nation of human beings. A crime of giving a dah zeez and not the cure. And using the cure only on the non Indians, says there's something wrong here to some this is genocide and made to hide from justice.
    Thar 4 many of the Indians died from the small pox and TB. Measles, mumps, genital warts and what all these new immigrants brought over from their mother country of sickness and despair spread to the unvaccinated Indians of the pristine shores off the pure unadulterated BC coastal tribes. I'm loozin it folks sorry but I had too ok? It's about why?
    Why wood anybody do this to some other human?
    Jel ( It's time) Lee On Rymes -- "A fool could see this ain't right."
    "But a moron can not C dah bright shining Light."
    You might be right but I ain't wrong -- Kid Rock.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-05-2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: PASS GO AND COLLECT TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    It's not did they do it on purpose when the whites gave filthy infected blankets that were around the dead of the small pox victims it was they used the wrapping blankets of the dead people after dying of small pox after burial and issued these same death blankets to all the Indians. With a warm looking smile to hide their guilty faces. I'd be ashamed to call myself a Christian doing that, and knowing what I was doing was inhuman. More like the grim reaper or a spirit from the dark side doing his deed.
    The problem was they dint give them shots to stop it, they were given to the whites.
    So the Indians were not vaccinated like all the other side equation.
    Basically a genocide of a nation of human beings. A crime of giving a dah zeez and not the cure. And using the cure only on the non Indians, says there's something wrong here to some this is genocide and made to hide from justice.
    Thar 4 many of the Indians died from the small pox and TB. Measles, mumps, genital warts and what all these new immigrants brought over from their mother country of sickness and despair spread to the unvaccinated Indians of the pristine shores off the pure unadulterated BC coastal tribes. I'm loozin it folks sorry but I had too ok? It's about why?
    Why wood anybody do this to some other human?
    Jel ( It's time) Lee On Rymes -- "A fool could see this ain't right."
    "But a moron can not C dah bright shining Light."
    You might be right but I ain't wrong -- Kid Rock.
    Genocide? Small Pox killed native and non-native people alike in N. America in the later part of the 18th century. Vaccine was just starting to get widely distributed in the early part of the 19th century. FN's probably had some nasties to in turn share with the new arrivals as well.

The blanket thing is largely a myth. Heres a pretty well researched article on the topic of smallpox in BC. Stephen Hume is often pretty biased and judgmental, but this appears to be full of easily supported facts:

http://haidagwaiihistory.blogspot.ca...-epidemic.html
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

All this talk about what the white ass's did to the red ass's will go on forever , unless there is forgiveness this will never end.
    People did worse things throughout history to each other then what happen to the red ass's in Canada.
    Look up the history of what the indians did to other indians taking slave's , raping women, cutting women's nose's off , ect .
    Where is the compensation for these past wrongs ? How far back do we go ?