Thread: New Zealand

New Zealand

Can one bring home the meat from a Tahr, Stag etc to BC?

I'm doing this hunt in April

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Zealand

No you can't. Buddy of mine just came back from there. Meat is kept by the outfitter and sold retail market. You can ask them to cook some steaks tho.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

thanks guys,

cant wait for the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    thanks guys,

cant wait for the trip!
    Where/who will you be hunting with?
    I'll be in NZ Feb/March.

"I hate rude behavior in a man...won't tolerate it"

Woodrow Call

my friend owns this outifit...

http://www.hawea-hunting.co.nz/

My friend has property in the sounds,(North end of the South Island) very beautiful country.Mainly he hunts pigs(leave your gun at home,use a hunting knife)but for tahr,I know he goes somewhere else.Not sure about red deer now,the government was trying to get rid of them

Hard to believe in NZ you can hunt whatever you want,when ever you want, no bag limits and you can sell the meat.Even use a silencer....
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 10-28-2014 at 11:46 AM.

When do the red stags rut /call.. in April when your going... Would be so cool to be calling for one like elk out our way ... Not to mention they have 400 class bulls

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    My friend has property in the sounds,(North end of the South Island) very beautiful country.Mainly he hunts pigs(leave your gun at home,use a hunting knife)but for tahr,I know he goes somewhere else.Not sure about red deer now,the government was trying to get rid of them

Hard to believe in NZ you can hunt whatever you want,when ever you want, no bag limits and you can sell the meat.Even use a silencer....
    Yup no predators really changes the rules. The only thing they take seriously and have regulations for is duck and swan hunting. They take their duck hunting pretty darned seriously there. The country basically closes down for opening day. We hope to go back next year as well. Going to try the North Island this time and hunt some of the unique species they have there. It's an incredible place to hunt if you have access to private land...the opportunities on public land are there but nothing close to the private land opportunities.