Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tires For My Cherokee

Re: Tires For My Cherokee

I have Toyo Open Country AT/II's with an E rating. They were the best tire at the lowest price in my opinion and are worth looking up. I have them on my 06 Sierra 1500 4x4

...and trev23 is right, you don't need an E rating for your Cherokee which will save some more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarp Man View Post
    Take a good look at the reviews for Cooper AT3. I've run BFG AT's on my 1996 Tacoma 4WD, Cooper AT's. I now drive a 99 4Runner. I started with the Michelin LTX M/S which were useless on anything other than paved and graded gravel roads. Next up was a used pair of Nitto Terra Grapplers; I was not impressed, and based on other reviews, I won't try them again. I now have 2000km on the Cooper AT3's in a LT load range E. I highly recommend them, although not in a E rating for your Cherokee. First trip home from the coast was in monsoon rains. Tons of standing water on the highways, with no hydroplaning at hightway speeds. They grip well in the dry (but everything does), and clear mud well. They do pick up rocks a bit on the FSR's, but show very little wandering and hook up in off road 4Low situations really well. As a compromise between a MT tire and an AT tire, they are the best I've found.
    I also had the Michelin LTX's on my Sierra and they are only good for pavement and suck in snow. The Cooper tires were my second choice to the Toyo A/T II's

I drive an 06 Rubicon and have a set of Dura Tracs that I use in the winter for highway driving and a set of MTR's with Kevlar, for summer wheeling and 4x4ing in deep snow, both sets are 35's. The Dura Tracs are excellent tires for moderate 4x4ing and highways driving but if you get into deep snow or thick mud they suck even aired down to 3lbs. The MTR's, I just got and they exhibit great road handling and are excellent off road tires, they surpass the Interco's I just replaced(even when new). For what you want them for I'd say go with the Dura's, great tires for what they are and even though they are 2 ply sidewalls they're pretty tough. Keep the air pressure down a tad when 4x4ing and you'll get a better grip on the dirt and in lite snow, it's all about traction. Try a set, you'll like them. They are ready to be studded if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by .30-06 camsavbc View Post
    ...and trev23 is right, you don't need an E rating for your Cherokee which will save some more money.
    I agree. In the size I want the Duratracs only come in a C rating.
    One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an a**hole." - Demetri Martin

Screw you guys. You messed up my thread and insulted me.
    No wonder we have problems with hunter retention. - Boberama

Quote Originally Posted by italhunter View Post
    I agree. In the size I want the Duratracs only come in a C rating.
    C is perfect = 6 ply RATING Best for the weight of that vehicle - RJ

Canadian Tire has General Grabber AT2 on for $131 in 235 75 15's. They have the snowflake stamp, and can be studded. Does anyone have any experience with these? It's a $100 difference between those and the Duratracs so they have really caught my eye.
    One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an a**hole." - Demetri Martin

Screw you guys. You messed up my thread and insulted me.
    No wonder we have problems with hunter retention. - Boberama

I only have a couple hundred k on my grabbers but how bad can they be? Check out my thread "damn tires"
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

Canadian Tire has General Grabber AT2 on for $131 in 235 75 15's. They have the snowflake stamp, and can be studded. Does anyone have any experience with these? It's a $100 difference between those and the Duratracs so they have really caught my eye.
    Waiting for them on order. Duratracs are great tires but the dollar value isn't that great. You're running soft tires and their tread life is horrendous. They are EXCELLENT on ice though. Run them studded on our zambonis.

I have heard and seen GGAT2 tires with 70-100k km on them.

Thats a GOOD ! buy i would go with them IF they are LT's but maybe they are ONLY P's ? ! RJ