Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tires For My Cherokee

Re: Tires For My Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by quaint bucket View Post
    Most of the BFGs have the snowflakes...? What size does he run?
    not sure.
    a couple years ago the bfg's didn't get snowflake-approved, which was complete bs.
    American-made ones had a snowflake, but apparently the cops were looking at that and knowing if they were American-made or not.
    that's why he switched to the duratrac.
    maybe the bfg has the snowflake again, I don't know.

The NEW upgarded BFG AT KO tire will ALL have a snowflake and a bit of of a change in tread design with a bit more sipping too - should be all new by November and there will be BIG deals on the old stock soon ! RJ

I can't comment on can tire's warranty but my duratracs have been great so far. I only put them on my trooper this summer but I've had some opportunities to put them through some mud and loose sand. They've been great. I also love the fact that they are nice quiet tires since this is my daily driver.

I did get stuck with them but it was in mud that was way deeper than the axels. I underestimated the depth of the puddle and ended up in deep shit. Tailpipe gurgling under water and water seeping in through the door. I had a come-along and some rope but nothing stout enough to tie up to.

Still I was able to dig it out a bit and throw some rocks in the mud. Thats all it took to get it out.

It was pretty funny. I had my 6yo son with me and we only got the trooper a few days earlier. I looked back at my son and said "Finn..."

He says " I know... Mommy can never know about this"
    But then what do I know? I'm just a lowly woodcutter.

A coworker has the duratracs on his s10 zr2 and he likes them but he has gotten a few punctures with them already

they do seem a little soft I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    A coworker has the duratracs on his s10 zr2 and he likes them but he has gotten a few punctures with them already
    We had a Puncture on a 10 ply GOODYEAR DURATRAC tire on a F150 this past june on the Chilko Lake road - truck was UNLOADED ! I plugged it in the campground - The rock that penetrated it should NOT have in my Opinion And i have a LOT of tire repair experience - I would not use the Goodyears on my own truck after seeing that ! JMO RJ

They are pretty awesome tires but yeah they definitely are too soft and easy to puncture apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by quaint bucket View Post
    They are pretty awesome tires but yeah they definitely are too soft and easy to puncture apparently.
    HUH ? Not much Awesome about getting flat tires out in the Backcountry ! GoodYears SucK in MO ! RJ

I meant awesome as in, does well in snow, mud, off road, and on road manners. Just really soft and will puncture if you look at a rock the wrong way.