Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires For My Cherokee

Tires For My Cherokee

I'm going to get new tires for my 1999 cherokee. They are not going to be big tires just 235-75-15 but there is such variety out there I can't decide. I'm looking for on/off road tire preferably with a snowflake stamp. The Goodyear Duratracs look pretty nice. Does anyone have any experience with these? I would like any advice or opinions on which brands and models are good on jeep Cherokees. Thank you.
    One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an a**hole." - Demetri Martin

Screw you guys. You messed up my thread and insulted me.
    No wonder we have problems with hunter retention. - Boberama

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tires For My Cherokee

The Duratracs are good...if you're looking for great winter tires then you can't beat Nokian Hakkapellittas(Kal Tire)...the traction is incredible. The Finns should make good winter tires, it's winter there 10 months of the year...
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

I've got duratracs on my Xterra they seem to be good so far, I've only had them off road once or twice, I notice them on a lot of people's trucks........

I've had duratracs on my ram 1500 for two years and 40k so far. I can't complain at all about them. I've put them through the paces in some pretty ugly stuff and a lot of highway miles getting to the bush. Only puncture I've had was from a three inch wood screw.

I don't think you'd be disappointed if you opted for the goodyear.

Cheers,
    Brad

I've had three sets of duratracs, good tires for both on road and off road. I will buy them again when I'm done with my current set.
    I got over 100 000 km from each set. (80 000 from my last bfg at's)

I have a set of Goodyear Silent Armour Wranglers. Been on my vehicle for 5 years, great in snow, mud and loose gravel. Never even had a flat yet.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

BFG AT KO's ! RJ

Anyone with Yokohama's, Michelin's, Bridgestone's, or any other brand want to put in your 2 cents?
    One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an a**hole." - Demetri Martin

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    BFG AT KO's ! RJ
    What vehicle do you have the BFG AT's on?

I have has some bad experiences lately with BFG ATs, I think they need to spend less money on marketing and more on making a tougher tire. Made the switch to Nitto terra grapplers a few months ago and have been impressed, very grippy and so far no flats. Have friends with Toyo open country (same manufacturer) and they swear by them.