Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giving up on my 5-4b group hunt......

Giving up on my 5-4b group hunt......

Well.....

It sucks but what can you do.....

A very good friend of mine has been hunting 5-4 for over 30 years and the stars finally aligned for us to do a hunt together and then this happens.

I've got my fingers crossed that they will still give us a shot but probably not likely.

The good news is that we live in a province with such great GOS opportunities. Only problem is, I've never hunted them.

Any info on an August moose hunt would be appreciated!

My son just passed his core but he's going into high school this year so we don't want him to miss september class.

He was going to join for just 3 days but now that I'm not tied to draw dates we figured lets try an August hunt!

don't need honey holes just a point in a decent MU.

I'm pretty fit and set up with a 4x4 atv. Also very comfortable getting into the bush and off the road.

thanks in advance!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Giving up on my 5-4b group hunt......

I am curious, have you heard anything at all since the draw was done? Have they even let you know when you can expect answers? Shame..

Dont count on school starting up in Sept. The teacher will be back on strike mark my words. Take the kid hunting. You get a better more useable education in the bush anyways.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

I put in region 5-5 so I know how you feel.It sucks but people want to have an explanation at the end of the day?

Yeah I'm with Elkaholic on this one. I'm a high school student right now and for the first week they just piss around, not getting much of anything done. I'm missing the first week of school to go hunting too. That is, if it even starts up in time...

I hadn't considered that.... great point!

maybe we can extend the trip!!

Here is my email to LEH:

Hello,

Just wondering if you could give me some info on this Leh.

5-4b is only partially effected by the title ruling. Will this hunt be allocated to reflect the reduced size then run or will it be skipped this year all together.

I understand you are very busy but I would love to get a response.

Thank you,

Here is the response:
    At this time we don't know when the results will be available nor specifics about each potentially affected hunt. I don't know the answer to your question regarding 5-04 Zone B right now. While it is apparent that the recent First Nations title decision will have some impact on hunting within the title area, we are unable to provide details on the extent of that impact. The Supreme Court of Canada decision was given fairly recently, on June 26, 2014, and the province is currently analyzing that decision. Once more information is available it will be provided through the Fish and Wildlife Branch website athttp://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/or perhaps in theLEHsection of our website athttp://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...eh.html#Status

If I had a draw in the affected zones I would go to the band office and ask for permission of the land owners...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    If I had a draw in the affected zones I would go to the band office and ask for permission of the land owners...
    Still need my LEH authorization from the MOE I'm assuming. I've hunted 5-04 my entire life and have property their as well. Hoping to get some info from my brother next week from the locals, but I'm not holding my breath on it this year.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

A friend of mine went to the band office in Williams Lake where he was told they(the band) didn't want anyone hunting on their land.That pretty much sums it up IMO!