Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New archer looking for a master Yoda bow hunter

Re: New archer looking for a master Yoda bow hunter

I can make my grouping as small as a mug at 10 yards. I tried shooting last week. An arrow ended up going through over a foot thick of cardboard and made a hole in my fence. Sigh. That was with my bow at 40lbs. I ordered 50lb coming next week and I'll be shootin. I'd say I can land all my shots on a yellow pages phone book at about 30 yards. Im gonna be going to a range next week and see how well I do with my new limbs. Thinking of getting a stabilizer too I just have some string silencers and limb savers on now.

I would suggest, get ahold of Greybark on here. He lives in that area and has been coaching young people in the art of bow and hunting for over 30 years. I would also suggest if you are interested in hunting with your bow, you consider the IBEP (google it). Having recently given the course to a number of people in Region 4, I know it is what people need to go hunting with a bow.

Go for a hike with your bow and go stump shooting (with a good back drop). There are no range markers out there and the ground is usually uneven. See how you do. However saying this the true art of hunting is not the weapon which most people commonly focused on (especially when they are new hunters). The true skill in hunting is being able to be in a position that allows you to use your weapon on your prey. This a real challenge with a bow. But first things first, you must be able to find the animals before you can figure out the rest. So you should be heading out to the woods (bow in hand for a bit of stump shooting practice) and scouting for deer sign and learning all you can about your prey.