Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New US Rules for Importing Dogs

Re: New US Rules for Importing Dogs

The must be at least four months old and vaccinated with rabies at 12 weeks still stands to import a dog into the USA for personal use.

The USA has also added a must be at least 6 months old vaccinated for rabies to import a dog into the USA for resale. This is intended to stem the tide of offshore pups being bred for the "rescue" market in the USA.

Had a chat today with my Sis who has been a Championship breeder of various breeds for maybe 40 years, starting with a retriever, then a Canadian Working Dog, now a little rug rat yappy breed.
    She was well aware of the rules, hasn't sold many to the States lately and now probably won't at all. Her Vet strongly suggests that with the small breeds the rabies shot not be until at least 6 months which would pretty well eliminate exporting them. She suggested that Canada should enact strict regs for US dogs coming North as that's where many of the puppy mills are.
    She has sold to Hong Kong where the dog has to be 6 months old.
    She also said that CKC is working on the situation but no idea if or when there will be any results.

She also said that CKC is working on the situation but no idea if or when there will be any results.

Moving with blinding glacial speed no doubt, as is their habit. I won't hold my breath.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Moving with blinding glacial speed no doubt, as is their habit. I won't hold my breath.
    Sis said basically the same but not quite as eloquently as you.