Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tipitent

Re: Tipitent

We have used a teepee for years that we made ourselves, could sleep 4-5 guys in it. It probably cost 100$ to build, and takes 5 minutes to set up. Stove works great inside, and they are bombproof for rain. Drawback is they are very long, and they need a very flat site to set up right. We also built these things for a wilderness kids camp that we run, and the kids love em.

It probably cost 100$ to build
    More info please.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

A couple of guys use them up in Clinton , these are the home made version. they had 20 foot poles and there was alot of room to move.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I just got my Outfitter Tipi Tent from the Greyhound yesterday. It was 899.00 plus tax but Alpine paid the shipping which I thought was pretty cool. I will set it up and take some pics next week so you can get a feel for how big they are etc.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

don't know how good they would be in problem grizz ares
    holy underwear

I picked one up at the show also. I have used it for a week and it preformed great. I was going to get the Cabelas pole style tent. As it has a little more room. The only flaw I found in it is they could of put a different material at the top. As mine melted a little bit due to a hot fire in the stove. It stould up well in a wind storm that went threw Quesnel while I was on Dragon lake http://gallery.flybc.ca/PK/Dragon_Lake_004

If you were in the market for a tent I woulda bought it at that price. Heck you coulda sold it and made $ off it. My wall tent was $2100 and that was even getting the frame poles for a flat of beer
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Just waiting for mine to come in. Big draw for me is I work shift work and usually get into camp a few days before my buddies who work the Mon-Fri routine. That means I set up camp on my own setting up the tipi is a lot easier than finding poles for the wall tent and getting it set up on my own. Should arrive this week and will be getting used alot this summer/fall, so I'll have some field reviews as well.

How have the outfitter tipi tents been working out for you guys over the years? Any issues with stoves burning the tent?

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Guys I hunt with up north, use a homemade version, built with 2x2's and tarps. Rolls up, and sets up easy, They swear by it!
    same with the guys I hunt with...awesome shelter and pretty easy to set up....only drawback is that it does not fold up very small and usually sits on top of the camper where branches can do some damage