Thread: Moose LEH in MU 7-28.

Moose LEH in MU 7-28.

Hi guys,

So our group have drawn an LEH for Moose in MU 7-28, an area we have never hunted before and have little knowledge of. We will be in the area from around the 27th September until the 7th October.
    Being that 7-28 is so vast, initial planning has zeroed us in on an area east of Skunk Lake. ( 124 00' - 55 24' ), or even a few kms further north.
    We will be hauling two trailers and hunting via ATV's and on foot. We do not need an organised camping site but would prefer to set up camp near a water source.
    We are looking for any input as to location/terrain and we are obviously open to any other likely locations in 7-28.
    Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Please PM if you prefer.
    Thanks in advance.

KB.
    From my cold, dead hands.

CCFR,CSSA, CF & Game Assoc. CPC member. CFSC and CRFSC Instructor.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose LEH in MU 7-28.

i know your post is a few years old bur curiuos how you made out? my groups has a trip planned in the same are this year

We camped at skunk lake, late Oct. Good spot. LOTS of mice. Only moose we saw were found by following fresh tracks on riverbanks and into the Christmas trees. Out entire 10 day trip netted us a grouse and a rabbit, since we were on a spike/fork season.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Went to the same area 4 years in a row and camped near Fish Lake. Came home empty on every trip. Lots of logging going on and moose are pretty scarce. Good luck.
    From my cold, dead hands.

CCFR,CSSA, CF & Game Assoc. CPC member. CFSC and CRFSC Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by KODIAK BEAR View Post
    Hi guys,

So our group have drawn an LEH for Moose in MU 7-28, an area we have never hunted before and have little knowledge of. We will be in the area from around the 27th September until the 7th October.
    Being that 7-28 is so vast, initial planning has zeroed us in on an area east of Skunk Lake. ( 124 00' - 55 24' ), or even a few kms further north.
    We will be hauling two trailers and hunting via ATV's and on foot. We do not need an organised camping site but would prefer to set up camp near a water source.
    We are looking for any input as to location/terrain and we are obviously open to any other likely locations in 7-28.
    Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Please PM if you prefer.
    Thanks in advance.

KB.
    We have done well over the years around the Phillip Lakes area. Lots of lakes and ponds and areas for ATV's. The traffic has increased in that area due to the mine but if you stay off the beaten track you should do alright. Good luck.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

Hi Guy’s,

I’m new to this chat and kinda overwhelmed with all the information this site has to offer. All really good but I’m having trouble finding some info on 7-23 moose. My work partner and I have a Leh in 7-23 for moose and could use a bit of guidance if someone was willing to help. Plan on going up for a week, one day before to scout....any help is greatly appreciated.