Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kuiu icon pro

kuiu icon pro

was jus checking out the kuiu website and they have a new pack out called the icon Pro. they say they have beefed up the pack material and frame as well. looks kind of interesting. I know the older ones had a lot of issues, so and was wondering for those of you that have bought the newer Icon packs if you like them or not.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: kuiu icon pro

I've got a 2013 icon 7200, no complaints at all except that 6 months after I bought it their coming out with the pro for a $ 150 cheaper.

I have an Original and still like it, works good. I would like to trade up to the Pro though.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

horseshoe zips suck.

I have a Icon 7200. Lots of miles on it and couldn't be happier with it's quality and performance. Only complaint would be the crappy original plastic zipper pulls, all of which I have upgraded. As well as easy acsess the Horseshoe opening makes it really easy to wash the Sheep and Billy blood out by sloshing the whole pack in river. Material dries really quick. Don't feel need for the new model so the 7200 will be going again, with me into the Tatashenshini this year.

Great looking packs. Will likley buy one. Love the horseshoe zipper. My original is still working well, but it's time to upgrade I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I want to give it a go too but will wait it out one my season and lug my MR around.

I want to hear some real world reviews as I have already seen a frame busted on the upper stay of the Ultra...that was just training too

I just got in the icon pro 1850 the other day. It seems very well made. But I haven't really used it yet.

I really like the fact that I can choose between the ultra series bags and the icon pro bags. Make the setup a lot more versatile down the road I think.

Greg.

i just ordered the icon pro 7200, i am excited, ill post pics when i get it. i had the choice between spending 400 for the MR 7500 bag alone or spending 450 on a kuiu new bag and frame, its nealy 4.5 lbs lighter i think. they claim they worked out all of the issues from the icon line. so i went with the kuiu along with a bunch of other gear in the VIAS camo

I want to trust the frame but...