Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GD thieves :(

Re: GD thieves :(

I forgot to close my garage doors yesterday early morning when I went fishing. Came home in the mid-afternoon and everything as it was when I left. I did the same thing overnight a while back, everything was found as left. Nevertheless, I should not put temptation in the eyes of the simple.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

It just pisses me off so much. I work very hard for all the things I have and spend a lot of time researching and checking into things before I buy them. All so some waste of skin can just take it. Did I mention I hate thieves?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Just took the dog for a walk all over the neighborhood, down all the back allies in hopes that it was just somedrunk kids taking them for a ride but no luck. Our neighborhood is actually great, the only problem is there is a path that goes from the corner of 184th and 64th right through our townhouse complex. This is where the losers occasionally travel.
    sounds like a good spot for a snare ...

We have done the same thing just got really lucky. Although raccoons raided our pantry in garage one night.

Yes, I have no use for thieves, but I'm surprised the NDPers and Liberals on here haven't told you it's your fault for leaving the garage door open! lol
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I concur with craigslist. My brother-in-law had his $3000 bike stolen out of his garage. Saw it on craigslist 3 weeks later. Called the RCMP to help approach seller. Serials checked out and got his bike back no hassles but couldn't pin it on the seller. Good luck.

Guess what... I found my bike! My wife had the kids at the new dance school where she was doing some work and called me to pick them up when I was off work. Just as I was pulling up to the school, I saw a bike that looked very close to mine leaning up against the store. I went and took a closer look and sure enough it was my bike. So I went into the store and asked who's bike it was. The store owner asked why so I told him the story and he said it was his employee's bike. So I talked to the employee. Said he bought it at the cloverdale flea market a couple weeks ago for $50. The small gear bag was missing from under the seat. But otherwise it was still in the exact same conditions as I had it. It was pretty easy to prove it was mine with the parts I replaced. The kid said he would come with me to the flea market to try to get his money back. I will have no problem getting his money back if that's the case. The company I work for has a contract at the fairgrounds so I am there every Sunday. If the story is true I will have the vendor booted permanently. The kid gave me the bike back and said the guy might still have my wife's bike. So we will see.

That's great news. Glad to hear it.

great news... I had my bike stolen once...thought I had it in a concealed spot. My mistake was not locking it up.

Any thoughts to putting a trail cam in the garage

We have two Labrador dogs with good ears and loud barks. So far they have done a good job and only ask to be fed twice a day. Both good on birds.