Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rubber hunting boots

rubber hunting boots

Going to buy a pair of rubber hunting boots. Good for walking some distance and be 100% waterproof. This will be my first pair. What would u recommend
    Elite Energy 32

2. Site Sponsor

Re: rubber hunting boots

These! Dunlop cold weather boot! Hands down! haha... Mine are 7 years old. I snowshoe 5 months a year in them, I guide in them and even wear them in the summer doing timberwork. Four wheel drive for your feet! Use with a bamma sock. You will not regret it! Only boot I have NEVER had cold feet in - Even in Sask!!

http://www.marks.com/webapp/wcs/stor...id=PL_Workwear
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

I used a pair of 20 dollar Canadian tire gumboots last winter hiking in rain and snow on a few clearcuts lol wearing thick socks I stayed warm and dry, feet hurt a bit after each trip but never lasted more than an evening. No point in spending much if you don't plan on hiking in to crappy of terrain.

I have the dunlops as well great boot only downside is you wouldn't want to do a 10 k hike in them a bit bulky other than that as fred1 said 4wd on your feet. Bamma socks a must or sealskin socks which I use both

I have the Dunlop's. I'm in the market for new rubbers. Those monster boots are fun, but waaayy too bulky for hunting. I'd go with mucks if ur going to spend the cash.

Going sheep hunting??????????
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

LL Bean rubber bottom leather top.

Haida gwaii
    Elite Energy 32

Not sure what kinda ground you'll be hunting, but if slick logs are on the menu, I'd be all over a pair of Viking rubber caulk boots. Steel toe is not ideal, but they do offer enough room for layering socks and tucking your foot in a glad kitchen catcher to keep foot moisture contained and your inner boot dry.

Use them all winter falling in temps down to -30 with no complaints as long as your somewhat active.

I am wary of anything neoprene... ie muck boots they will fail... I see it every year. One rip or puncture from a willow and now you're wet and lookin for shoe goo for your expensive fancy boot. They just cant take the abuse for long. For the price get the ones you have to shoot to put a hole in. I did 8km in my Dunlops last Friday. No problem, but I do have iron feet and ankles. And like I said, mine are going into hunting season 8. Ill be wearing them next week too.
    "Pimpin' aint easy"