View Poll Results: How do you shoot your compound bow?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fingers

3 5.36%
  • Realease off string

9 16.07%
  • Rope style release

1 1.79%
  • String D-loop and release

43 76.79%
  • Other - post an explanation

2 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release Users...D-loop Yes or No?

Bow Walker Guest

Question Release Users...D-loop Yes or No?

This is not a poll about release brands! In fact don't even mention your brand of choice - it isn't relevant here.

Who uses a D-loop? Or do you shoot right off the string? If you use a loop, is it string or is it one of the "permanent" ones?

Tell us what you use and why you prefer it that way. You can select more than one option on the poll.

Post up and let us know what you prefer and why.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 03-03-2007 at 09:10 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Release Users...D-loop Yes or No?

Release off string. Me i just dont know any better, thats the way my bow came, it shoots awesome!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I use D-loops on all my bows, most are set up to exert slight downward pressure to get consistant arrow to rest contact.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Bow Walker Guest

I voted "release w/ string D-loop".

It saves wear and tear on the string serving and it places the release aid right behind the nock of the arrow (or as close to right behind as I can).....

I believe that this way promotes straighter nock/arrow travel at the shot - which in turn "should" be a more accurate shot. I want to take as many variables out of the equation as are possible.

I don't use any of the permanent kind of loops that are secured to the string by clamps or such as this (to me) is too bulky and it causes speed loss with its excess weight.

On my 3D bow I use a string loops due to the short axle to axle combined with long draw length.
    My hunting bow I release off the string due to a longer axle to axle length. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

The 'Hummer' Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker
    I voted "release w/ string D-loop".

It saves wear and tear on the string serving and it places the release aid right behind the nock of the arrow (or as close to right behind as I can).....

I believe that this way promotes straighter nock/arrow travel at the shot - which in turn "should" be a more accurate shot. I want to take as many variables out of the equation as are possible.

I don't use any of the permanent kind of loops that are secured to the string by clamps or such as this (to me) is too bulky and it causes speed loss with its excess weight.
    I have to agree, X2.

I use a string d-loop and release, thats the way my bow was set up when i bought it and thats what i got a custom to shooting.If it works don't change it.I also agree with BowWalkers comments.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

I use a d loop that being said i am going to start shooting of my string on my hunting bow . I might no like it but----

D- loop; shortens the draw, some speed loss, metal D - loop lots of weight and speed loss.
    No D - loop; longer draw,more speed.
    D - loop: no wear on the bow string, I find it easier and quicker to tune, no arrow pinch, as release is right behind the nock,can also use it to shorten or lenghten draw by using a shorter or longer D - loop, and best of all CHEAPER THAN A NEW BOW STRING.
    No D - loop: more string/ serving wear,arrow pinch, expecially on short ATA bows, the arrow can fall off as the nock is barly on the string at full draw as the release pulls below the nock so it pulls more of the string out of the nock and a down hill { treestand } shot could mean a dry fire . I think I explained it okay for people to understand.
    I use a D - loop and have for years.I can dam near tie them on with my eyes shut.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

I use a d-loop. I used to shoot off the string and only switched wen I got my new bow as I figured that I was all new in the set up so why not make a switch for the better.
    Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.