Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Questions about your LEH draw?

Re: Questions about your LEH draw?

Quote Originally Posted by DGuest View Post
    Anyone else on here draw a caribou for the spatsizi? I think 49 other tags were drawn. Our tentative plans are to fly in October 5th. Anyone else been in there that time of year? Is it busy with hunters?
    I doubt if even 15 others will show up , but thats only a wag. Over 200 tags for the season , participation ?
    Maybe your pilot can shed some info.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Hi all hunters, Looking for imformation on area 7-26, anybody hunted or no about the area, Got a group draw with my son and friend and planning to hunt there the last week in September. And were would a person get a map of the roads in 7-26 , any info would be greatly appreciated as I have never hunted this area and would this be the rut time to go? thx Charles B

Quote Originally Posted by DGuest View Post
    Anyone else on here draw a caribou for the spatsizi? I think 49 other tags were drawn. Our tentative plans are to fly in October 5th. Anyone else been in there that time of year? Is it busy with hunters?
    I will be in there Sept 1st
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

My son and I drew our first Goat tags. After several unsuccessful attempts in the areas where we have hunted and seen Goats, we tried playing the odds and drew two LEH tags in 4:38B. Any advice for goats in 4-38B (Downie Creek) area? We had a successful Grizzly hunt a few years ago in 4-37 (back in the good old days) but this will be our first Goat hunt and first time in 4-38. We have hunted a lot and have been in goat country in other areas but this zone is new to us. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

My buddy and I got a bull draw for MU 5-5. Any tips on the area is much appreciated!

Well I did not get any LEH draws this year but I would think this would be a good thread to pass along info for fellas that did .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I got a moose draw for 7-16C, Aug 15, 2021 - Sep 30, 2021. I have two questions.

This draw is open before the GOS (Sept 10 - Nov 5), so if I understand right I'll be able to hunt before the general season opens, right?
    Any early season tips? I might be able to do some canoeing and calling towards the end of September, but just look for trails and feed in Aug?

Thanks.

Hmm August..water water water creeks..lakes..rivers..staying cool hydrated and out of bugs..that's for moose and you..
    Bring citric acid powder. .mixed with BOTTLED water sprayed onto meat lowers PH balance and extends best before date by 4..5 days.don't rely on 4 game bags bring extra.YUKON are good quality..decent $$.flat topped tarps..so sun / rain repellent however allows wind to aid cooling.
    Bring 2 pallets for back of truck for trip home..pallets tarp..game in bags
    Pallets give 3.5 inches of air under and around meat..exhaust pipes from motor under truck box to rear exhaust heat the frame box..then meat.,bad.
    If it rains pooled water in box..spoils meat fast..
    Straight shooting
    BON. CHANCE Mon Ami
    Srupp

Great advice from the man SRUPP

Hmm already at 200 phone calls /texts from successful LEH WINNERS..

Be careful..be safe..however get out there and USE THOSE tags..
    Your already a winner by getting the draw..
    Now remember to SMILE...FOR the camera..
    Cheers
    Srupp