Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Questions about your LEH draw?

Re: Questions about your LEH draw?

I finally got my moose draw for 6-01....again... Now why is the tag closed for one week near the end of oct then opens again ?. Would this be considered the heat of the rut in this area ?. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by bigneily View Post
    I finally got my moose draw for 6-01....again... Now why is the tag closed for one week near the end of oct then opens again ?. Would this be considered the heat of the rut in this area ?. Thanx
    The peak rut is more 2nd-3rd week of Sept I would think? (Edit: after more research... 3rd week Sept - 1st week Oct) The any bull GOS in 6-1 is Oct 20-26 so if that's the week you mean, you could take a bull without your LEH authorization.
    Last edited by reach; 07-11-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Ahhh I never looked at the reg's yet , Just wondered why close it for a week then re- open for leh draw's

Well i managed to draw a moose in 5-02A for sept.10-30. Now unfortunately I can only go on the first half of the short season. I'm wondering how the bull's will be acting pre-rut(ish) and if anyone has gone this early? I know hot weather can be a factor. Any and all advice/tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks, Greg

3-12 Oct bull, never moose hunt but gonna go early Oct for rut. Find water and sign, sit still and call?

Also got 2-11 flat top mule, better off on private farmland? Or pushing farther up 99 and hiking the slopes

3-18 October Bull,anybody got any pointers?
    Can trade good mule deer info for surrounding areas.

PM's are appreciated.

thanx

Me and a buddy are planning on flying into Cold Fish lake September 23rd... anyone else flying in or out around that time?

Quote Originally Posted by ducktoller View Post
    3-12 Oct bull, never moose hunt but gonna go early Oct for rut. Find water and sign, sit still and call?

Also got 2-11 flat top mule, better off on private farmland? Or pushing farther up 99 and hiking the slopes
    Yep, should be lots running around the pennask plateau. Start at Hatheume down on your map and fan out from there. You'll see lots of swamps in that neck of the woods. Pretty much anywhere in 3-12 is going to be a pretty good bet in october.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

I was there about 5 years ago and the there was good snow for tracking but the temp averaged just below 0 during the day and -10 at night so it was a nice hunt good luck

Anyone else on here draw a caribou for the spatsizi? I think 49 other tags were drawn. Our tentative plans are to fly in October 5th. Anyone else been in there that time of year? Is it busy with hunters?