Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada Day Weekend In The Rockies

Re: Canada Day Weekend In The Rockies

Awesome Dana !

Wow, amazing pics!!. Assuming your happy with the kifaru system?? Just looking at the set up myself, how is the duty on a package like that?
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Wicked pics as always Dana..that bull elk is gonna be a trophy for sure..

Very nice pics Dana, thanks for posting them up
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
    Wow, amazing pics!!. Assuming your happy with the kifaru system?? Just looking at the set up myself, how is the duty on a package like that?
    Like all systems there are positives and negatives depending on how and where you use it. Not the ideal easy set up for truck camping in National Parks but hey, we were warm when the temps got down to 2 degrees at night. Funny to hear tourists walk past our site and say 'do they have a fire in that tent?' The tent by far was designed for highcountry backpacking. It requires a large footprint. And sometimes requires set up twice to adjust for hitting rocks with the pegs. I have had the tent for 6 years and have had it in all sorts of conditions. The biggest asset is the lightness of the total set up when backpacking as a family. About 11 pounds with stove. The 6 man fits my family of 4 just perfect. The biggest negative I have found with it is the pegs. I break them quite often with in rocky soil. I can not remember what the duty on it was 6 years ago.

how do you manage to get such wonderful pictures all the time?Awesome!!!

Unreal... That elk and that one muley are going to be champs in a couple months

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Like all systems there are positives and negatives depending on how and where you use it. Not the ideal easy set up for truck camping in National Parks but hey, we were warm when the temps got down to 2 degrees at night. Funny to hear tourists walk past our site and say 'do they have a fire in that tent?' The tent by far was designed for highcountry backpacking. It requires a large footprint. And sometimes requires set up twice to adjust for hitting rocks with the pegs. I have had the tent for 6 years and have had it in all sorts of conditions. The biggest asset is the lightness of the total set up when backpacking as a family. About 11 pounds with stove. The 6 man fits my family of 4 just perfect. The biggest negative I have found with it is the pegs. I break them quite often with in rocky soil. I can not remember what the duty on it was 6 years ago.

How about the floorless design in the snow when your backpacking? How do you make that work and stay dry?