Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: B.C. beefs up rules for off-road vehicle operators

Re: B.C. beefs up rules for off-road vehicle operators

Quote Originally Posted by Argali View Post
    The problem with requiring registration and plates on an ATV is that if someone is truly intent on being an idiot in the alpine, they will either take the plates off or put on fake plates. Law-abiding people will use the plates properly but it is usually not the law-abiding ATV-ers that are causing the problems. This sort of reminds me of gun registration but I hope it works better.
    I agree, if they can't catch and punish the idiots now, a plate won't help, but it will make it look like they are trying, not to mention now you have more ticket revenue......all the while punishing the majority....
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

dirt and mud won't hide the shiny plate numbers cuz the shine through on a flash or head lights.
    It's going to change the dynamics of the quadding community.
    Road closures are being used by motorized according to some hunters hiking around. Not good.
    Can't fight the law.
    Jel .. I fought the law and the law won -- John Cougarr Melon Cramp - OBEY

a picture with a plate in a restricted vehicle area definitely will get the CO's full attention.
    ( ask the last 2 owners of trucks in road closures that I called in ).

And if CO's are out, and they do find u without plates etc...........well have fun explaining......
    But your still paying!

No different then running around without a tag when hunting, so I don't see the problem.
    No shitty attitude here...just a difference of opinion.

Cheers!

well said ky151 government just lying to us like were all stupid.telling people this bill is about the environment when it just a clear tax grab.i cant believe how anyone could support this overregulation that will accomplish nothing.bend over boys here it comes again.

Does this mean that after we have all done the registration with Icbc will they then start charging a yearly insurance policy???i would assume so whatever the gov can do to grab more cash!

The government says jump. Might as well jump -- Van halen -- Might as well jump
    Hey, who said dat?
    Jel -- The government knows you, so lighten up.

While I don't agree with this legislation, it was only a matter of time. To many redneck ******s in the bush these days. Ignorant pricks only thinking of themselves. Tearing up the land, littering, etc.

If there is a silver lining to this it's that big fines will be dealt out to the trouble makers. I can't run them off the road and flog them like i'd like to, so at least the CO's can make their wallets hurt.

The Helmet laws.... my tax dollars will have to pay to keep you alive when you're a spoon-fed vegetable after a head injury. Wear your F'n helmet!

One thing I can truly appreciate about this is we actually have a near 50/50 divide. Whiny no balls threatening to rat on those with the nuts enough to say "slow down the freaking regulations already". I get it....you don't have the nuts to tell a guy to quit effing around where you don't like him. That's fine. But look at the bigger picture. Where does it stop? When do we actually get to make our own decisions without govt interference? When do you stop hiding behind mummy's skirt, and make like a man?

Helmet laws suck.

Oh, and, the back of my neck is red. Literally. It's offensive to me that low brow judgemental types use the term "Redneck" so off handedly. Yes, I am a Redneck. I work. I work hard and my neck turns red. That doesn't mean I am an ignorant prick. I'm an ignorant prick for entirely different reasons.