Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: B.C. beefs up rules for off-road vehicle operators

Re: B.C. beefs up rules for off-road vehicle operators

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    don't really care about the helmet part either way...personally...
    But I like the fact that there will be plates on the quads / bikes etc....and with fines hopefully if not on these rigs.
    Atleast now it will be easier to report those guys when in road closures, or at least inform CO's that there are atv's running around with out plates.
    Obviously, I don't own a quad....so no skin off my a**, long overdue...IMO
    That's a bad attitude...are you the type that says...I don't care if they ban hand guns or semi auto guns, i don't have one...

About as effective as gun registration, sums it well.

So ORV's will now require licensing/registration. We knew that was coming, but I am wondering, if now, we will be allowed to ride on the shoulders of the highways and roads, and if we will be permitted to cross these same roads. Right now, that is a finable offense. I have heard rumors saying that yes, we will be permitted to, but nothing other than the speculation of such. Has anyone heard information regarding this?
    Last edited by Scotty-B; 07-03-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    Attention vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty-B View Post
    So ORV's will now require licensing/registration. We knew that was coming, but I am wondering, if now, we will be allowed to ride on the shoulders of the highways and roads, and if we will be permitted to cross these same roads. Right now, that is a finable offense. I have heard rumors saying that yes, we will be permitted to, but noting other than the speculation of such. Has anyone heard information regarding this?
    Just guessing here ...... you'll probably need liability insurance to do that.

I do have a 'Road Permit' with purchased $2,000,000. liability insurance. My quad has an X Restricted plate on it, and I can legally cross major highways, and travel along the shoulder of secondary highways.

Just another BS stealth tax - pay your money and get sweet F'All in return - Whoopee!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

As I stated to some friends earlier in the year when this popped up..Who is going to control this? As you only need to be licensed if you are going to be using the ATV on public land. You don't need to have it insured or plated if its going to be on your own property, who says buddy whats his name doesn't lie to the city cop who pulled him over? LOL Also why on earth would a cop waste his time? They are going to run into it all the time. "Yeah I'm taking it from my house on my licensed trailer to my private property to hunt". Who is the cop to call the guy a liar? What to follow me from Victoria to Fort St James to find out if I'm lying or telling the truth? And everyone knows the COs aren't going to waste their time for the same freaking reasons they can't be bothered to come out to a city yard to get rid of a cougar

Never mind my last statement, they have gone and beefed up the Bill since the last time I read it. http://www.leg.bc.ca/40th2nd/1st_rea....htm#section21

Though from what I can read, everything is for registration and safety. They still can not enforce the law on your own private land, but if busted on "prescribed" private land. IE Timberwest or other private company owned lands you are required to have the plates, decals and licence in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by tundra View Post
    This is great news. Now there will be a way to identify and report the idiots out there.
    Totally agree, because the idiots that cause problems will actually follow the rules and register there atv just like the criminals that register their stolen hand guns and scary looking semi auto assault rifles.
    This is just a cash grab to get the taxes when private sales happen so now when you but a used quad, dirt bike or sled it will cost you 12% more.

Next we'll need Atv drivers licenses and courses just like boats.

I'd love to see just how a cop, co, or some other cell phone squealing granola eater is going to catch a CR 500 big bore tearing it up. Anywhere. Let the slow pokes pay the fines. SEEEEE YAAAAA!!!!!! (Obvious troll if yer too stupid to see it....but true none the less)