Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want to see some sheep??

Re: Want to see some sheep??

I just watched like I don't know how many videos lol...Awesome, just totally awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbuck View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea if everyone packed salt into the mountains so they could get pictures of live rams? Why stop at pictures? Do you think it would be okay to then shoot the same rams? I am curious what your thoughts are? Would this be fair chase in your books?

First off , salt in the mtns DOESNT help you kill anything. Sheep do 'what they do' no matter what is on the ground.
    There is literally hundreds of people 'legally' dropping mineral licks for everything legally hunted which grows horns or antlers. 'IF' making mineral licks 'guarrantee'd you a kill , I'm sure it would be made illegal pretty quick.

Yes, I have been in the bush plane of more than a few sheep outfitters who dropped salt blocks out the window.They do this near the border of other outfit territories in "hopes" to keep the sheep on 'their side' of the line...does it work ?? maybe, maybe not.....but I personally have zero salt licks in any trophy photos from my past.

Maybe the question is , ' what are YOU fishing for ?? did you want to drop an 'opinion' ?? giver !

I know one thing , the massive effort we put into getting rams on our cams is epic and I have not a hint of 'shame' for it if that is what you are fishing for.

Keep up the hard work Steve the rest of us unable really appreciate it! Looking forward to opening day......of HTH.com

side not , the sole reason behind our 'live sheep cams' is to get LIVE sheep in front of as many eyes as possible .Eyes who need to and WANT to learn to recognise a mature legal ram.......the ONLY WAY to get 'good' at it is to see them up close or in a scope as much as possible....that is the ONLY WAY to get 'good' and become confident.
    New or less experienced hunters rarely get a chance to observe REAL wild and hunt able sheep before their 2 week trip of a lifetime. We are providing a year round service of 'eye candy' and learning for those in need!

I believe that wild sheep should stay wild and not have there habits changed by man made licks. The new hunters you are trying to help might get the idea that salt licks are a good plan.
    You clearly don't agree so we simply have a difference in opinion - fair enough.
    With a passion for the high country

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbuck View Post
    I believe that wild sheep should stay wild and not have there habits changed by man made licks. The new hunters you are trying to help might get the idea that salt licks are a good plan.
    You clearly don't agree so we simply have a difference in opinion - fair enough.
    I guess you dont have anough experience with salt licks and sheep then. Let me give you some free knowledge from much experience.
    First , salt doesnt make 'wild sheep' tame.
    Second , salt does not 'alter' their habits
    third , making 'successfull' licks for sheep takes months and now even years WHICH makes ' newbies packing salt in on their backs %100 a waste of time and would be IMPOSSIBLE to have any effect at all on their hunt.
    At a time when guys are throwing out an extra set of socks to lighten up , I'm pretty certain they arent throwing on 40 lbs of salt to 'possibly' make SURE they kill a ram.

We do not 'disagree' on anything....... there is no points to debate.

If you feel threatened by some guys successfully getting mature rams on film via mineral licks on their trails , its your own issues which are causing you trouble with this.

if you wish for more 'real' sheep knowledge in the future , just ask anytime .....

Great video and have to agree with an above post on the 2 min in Dall, love it. Pretty cool to get the up close footage. Do you still get that same rush being that close after seeing so many? Thanks for posting.
    HH
    looking forward to next months trip for sure now