Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springer Spanial wanted

Springer Spanial wanted

A friend is looking for a Springer puppy, hunting family but I don't think the dog would be hunted. They are looking for a family pet. Their is a litter in 150 mile, an ad on kijji. I am a little sceptical about him buying a pup from the internet, anyone know about a breeder in this area? Or who might have puppies on the ground? Thanks
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Springer Spanial wanted

2 good litters on the ground right now The first is out of a litter sister of our Casey dog and by an English bred Male
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-pups-for-sale
    The second is also from my hubby's bloodlines and are full siblings to our Casey dog.
    http://www.donalleynakennels.com/

These pups are 8 generations of Foxton Gundogs bloodlines, I highly recommend these pups you cant go wrong for temperament, health and hunting ability. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.
    Last edited by Cedar Cowgirl; 06-24-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

http://www.gleneirekennels.com/
    I have a pup from here, she is 16 months old now and is a great family pet. Highly recommend them. Not cheap but you know what they say " you get what you pay for"
    They are show stock not field.

PM sent before I read the whole thread. Cedar Cowgirl just about nailed it.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

She was the second post Jim!!
    you just saw "Springer wanted" and jumped on it! lol

Your are right 835, all that showed on my screen was Lip Rippers should have looked at the whole thread. Just a note, if you want a pet/Gundog, be sure to get a 100% FIELD BRED pup. Unfortunately, there is one of the biggest split between show and Field Springers in the dog world.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    A friend is looking for a Springer puppy, hunting family but I don't think the dog would be hunted. They are looking for a family pet. Their is a litter in 150 mile, an ad on kijji. I am a little sceptical about him buying a pup from the internet, anyone know about a breeder in this area? Or who might have puppies on the ground? Thanks
    Steve you met Brandy on a duck hunt - speak to Jim(Foxton) and get one of her grandchildren - you won't go wrong!

(Just don't tell them Granny is an England fan! )
    Last edited by Kudu; 06-24-2014 at 04:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Here is some interesting, and pretty good reading for the Show/Field split debate.
    http://www.essft.com/fieldshow.html

Show type Springer

Field Type Springer

"BORN TO HUNT"

Wow. Quite a difference between show and field. I probably shouldn't be so surprised, we have the same difference in humans. More of a field dog, personally.

I know which one I'd want in my truck.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Don't be afraid to search the internet if you can't find a pup locally..... Just go with a long time, established breeder.. Most reputable breeders will have a waiting list...not all, but many... Take a look at the ESSFT website...http://www.essft.com/breeder.html Most all of these breeders have been around a very long time. If they don't have a pup available, they would be a good resource to point you to someone who might (and perhaps someone relatively close to you). The internet has opened up all kinds of opportunities for people looking for a quality pup.... We are no longer limited to what we can find locally. Sometimes we can find a great pup near where we live, but more often than not that's not the case.. You can get a pup from the best lines in North America via the internet.. Yes, it's a little more costly but why settle for something mediocre? You're going to have the dog for probably close to 14 years.... Might was well start with the best!!!!