Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone got an Alumacraft 1546 Tunnel boat?

Re: Anyone got an Alumacraft 1546 Tunnel boat?

actually jets work very well in the oceon
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Any more of an update on how your liking your new set up? How does the Mod V handle on a choppy lake?
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Any more of an update on how your liking your new set up? How does the Mod V handle on a choppy lake?

I was on the Chuck today - the wind picked up, we just kept on mooching fish right into the cooler - would still be out there but Josh had to go work at 1pm.

The thing is - it's not a john boat so it cuts through the chop as any "v" would - only difference is I can run with my prop in 2" of water as I did up the Vedder canal a couple of weekends ago.

I'll be up around the Harrison this weekend (after sturgeon), let me know if you are in the area and I will gladly let you have a look at it if you are interested in a simmilar boat.
    Last edited by Kudu; 08-07-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Do find it has a decent amount of room to fish out of? I'm thinking of getting a boat but I thinking something closer to a 70" beam for more room. And I'm not a small guy.

Really like the idea of the prop tunnel. I'm surprised other company's aren't doing it
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Do find it has a decent amount of room to fish out of? I'm thinking of getting a boat but I thinking something closer to a 70" beam for more room. And I'm not a small guy.

Really like the idea of the prop tunnel. I'm surprised other company's aren't doing it
    Anyone with a boat will tell you they wished they had more deck, more beam, more horsepower - it never ends.

When I baught my boat it needed to tick a number of boxes for me - especially on the modest budget I set for myself!

1) self launch (very important to me as I find myself fishing and hunting (waterfowling) alone at times both my sons work now!

2) sea worthy (I mean on the ocean and not only rivers and lakes) I love messing about in the ocean for crabs, prawn, fish, even ducks!

3) waterfowling must have enough room for a couple dozen deeks and even layout blinds (folded) if need be - not to mention two dogs!

4) Lastly but not least it needs carry a moose (cut up and deboned) if I choose to take it and not my RZR on my draw.
    Last edited by Kudu; 08-07-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

I have had a 2003 Triton 1546 DS with a 25 Merc and a 2017 Tracker Grizzly 1654 Sportsman MVX with 40 Merc. Both were all welded. I can’t give much of a report on the Grizzly as I only had 5 hours on it before trading it in on 19’ Targa with 150 Merc but the Triton had a god awful pile of hours and was one tough built boat!! It got used and used hard during hunting season. All welded is THE way to go IMO. I had a riveted Sylvan Big Jon prior to the Triton and after the first season had to rerivet the entire boat plus reattach the casting deck and repair the bow eye that pulled out of the hull.

Bahahaha! I remember this thread...

Still not sure how any prop boat could go in two inches of water...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
    I have had a 2003 Triton 1546 DS with a 25 Merc and a 2017 Tracker Grizzly 1654 Sportsman MVX with 40 Merc. Both were all welded. I can’t give much of a report on the Grizzly as I only had 5 hours on it before trading it in on 19’ Targa with 150 Merc but the Triton had a god awful pile of hours and was one tough built boat!! It got used and used hard during hunting season. All welded is THE way to go IMO. I had a riveted Sylvan Big Jon prior to the Triton and after the first season had to rerivet the entire boat plus reattach the casting deck and repair the bow eye that pulled out of the hull.
    Hah! Zombie thread revival!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
    Better watch it ...they might kick you out of here for replying to this thread....Just a heads up....heard it from a friend.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER