Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle pulled over in Abbotsford with big bear on the roof

Re: Vehicle pulled over in Abbotsford with big bear on the roof

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    First of all I have no issues with the bear on the roof. But Something just doesn't add up in that pic. Ive done alot of riding in my day and Ive never seen anyone transport a bike that way. No one who rides would transport this way, a hitch bike mount is cheap to buy and install. If we new why the bike was transported that way some might have a different perspective on why the bear is on the roof.
    I know a few people that've put a small bike in the trunk, myself included you just don't see it very often, they might not have gotten pulled over if they hadve stuffed the bear into the luggage carrier though haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rackem View Post
    Love the pic, hunters should not hide their kills, but maybe make them a little less gory and presentable, I didn't see blood dripping down or anything, but not a close up pic...displaying the kill on the way home presents educational opportunities, like when we hung our Moose in the garage in Cloverdale, all the neighborhood would show up to watch us butcher it and put it in the freezer, we fired up the barbeque and invited them to try it, and guess what? Most loved it and were forever changed in their opinions.
    Exactly correct.

When people see stuff like this, it promotes discussion. I have "educated" dozens of people after they have seen just this sort of thing- a dead animal on a vehicle or pictures of a dead animal.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

classic thread

I haven’t read the whole thread, but I can guess a similar story. ... once was on a great trip to cache creek, three nice 4 outs in one day. We had high fives and congrats to hope. Then they abruptly turned into the middle finger and profanities for the rest of the road home to Abby. Welcome to the province of The lower mainland,...

Hey poor me,,toyota echo is my hunting truck,,,more than ones deer is moved out of the bush with my echo..no prblem at least with smaller deer. BTW ..folks worryabout quality that pooh bear meat..after trip top of the car ..they dont legally,have to eat meat,,if dont want to..just take it home after it is up to them..maybe only hide is needed..or meat for dogs..whatever..f..g

Quote Originally Posted by recoil View Post
    saw it also but was going the opposite direction, the vehicle looked like it had a mountain bike in the trunk also. Two RCMP and one CO...
    Unless I missed in the thread, I'd like to know how he made out with the cops and co. I see nothing wrong with useing what u got to get the job done.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

What I want to know is how the hell did he get it up on the roof?? And that elk pic totally awesome!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

My guess is: he got it while on his bike and called the only guy he knew with a car to help him get it out...heheheh

What was the guy thinking ! Should have propped the bear up in the passenger seat with his paw out the window and a cigar in his mouth .

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    Maybe they gutted it and placed the cavity over the open sunroof and ran the air condition on high all the way home. I mean what could go wrong really?
    Hell that's a great idea for my next warm weather deer ! RJ