Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle pulled over in Abbotsford with big bear on the roof

Vehicle pulled over in Abbotsford with big bear on the roof

Wondering if that was anyone here... would love to hear the story!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vehicle pulled over in Abbotsford with big bear on the roof

Ya my buddy told me he saw it
    Elite Energy 32

saw it also but was going the opposite direction, the vehicle looked like it had a mountain bike in the trunk also. Two RCMP and one CO...

now that you mention the bike in the trunk, I remember a fellow on here that stated he likes to hunt on his bike since its so quiet. We will have to wait and see if its one of our guys and I would love to hear the story on this one.

I can just see a guy riding down the trail with a big bear strapped to his back, getting to his car, tossing the bear on the roof, bike in the trunk, and taking off. LOL. I think it said to specifically NOT do that in the CORE manual. lol.
    “The probability of success is difficult to estimate; but if we never search the chance of success is zero.”

There was a time all I owned was a car , hunted chetwynd before I moved here , shot a big 4x4 mulie straped over the trunk of the cavalier drove into town
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Back in the daze that was fine but now days it has become "insecure loads". DOT could have parked the vehicle there until a proper securement could be made but that would not be possible on the roof of a car so the meat sits in the sunlight... with the fur on ... turning a light shade of green ... then darker ... Have a great day
    See you down the road

Sources told me the bear was huge.

Come on mystery hunter! We started the thread for you already and promise with 99% certainty that you will be exempt from critism. Now reveal yourself!!

All we ask for is: a) bear story b) transcript of everything police said

If you had a roof rack on the car and it was securely tied down would they still be able to call it "insecure loads"?

Many years ago I drove down from Gold Bridge to Vancouver with my first mule deer buck. A nice 2 x 2 strapped to the roof of my '74 Valiant. I was quite tired and after maneuvering through some of the "S" curves that used to be between Squamish and Whistler without realizing I had driven through them I pulled over and took a two hour nap. I often have wondered what people thought driving by me that early morning.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

One of my employees was driving through Aldergrove this weekend and happen to see this guy cruzin in is Honda with a Black Bear on top and a 250cc Motor Bike in the trunk !!

Don't have a photobucket account or time to upload right now, she managed to snap a picture from behind. If someone would like to post it i can email them the picture.

Thanks,