Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percy Bicknell Decoys

Percy Bicknell Decoys

I have just remodelled and no longer have room for my decoys. I have quite a few I'm thinking I would like to sell, but have no idea of what they are worth and was hoping some kind soul here might be able to give me an idea. I've included a list of what I have and if anyone can help, I can take pictures of them as well. Appreciate any info you can pass on or if you know of someone who'd be interested in buying. Thanks
    Donna

Percy Bicknell Decoys
    Mallard Ducks
    Drake - no date or number (bought at same time as hen, below)
    Hen - 3/87
    Snow Goose - 1987
    Arctic Loon - 1986
    Canada Goose - no date

also available
    Ducks Unlimited - (Big Sky Carvers)
    Great Blue Heron (very large) - Tom Taber
    Bufflehead - #14 - Patrick Godin
    Pheasant - #343 91/92 - Chris Olsen
    Mallard Hen - 187/1000 - Robert Capriola
    Mallard Drake - #181 - Robert Capriola
    Mallard Drake - Bundy & Co. (very large, has a chip on the back from a bookend falling on it)

also have an old Brandt Goose - no name and an old (looks like a wood duck) decoy that is chip carved/no paint and with no name. I assume these were working decoys.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Percy Bicknell Decoys

I,ve found that the "quoted" value of any art work is often considerably higher than what the available buyers are willing to pay for it. Bicknells can go for 6-800 -----or $150 on e-Bay--In short,----it,s only worth what you can find someone to pay for it. If you post some pics maybe you can get some bidders here.

6. The seller MUST post a price, unless this is a for trade post, this is not an auction.

He's looking for advice on price as he doesn't know the value of these decoys.

Bugger off.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

If they are intended for sale, should do some home work before posting. Should not be different rules. Take your attitude and stuff it.

This is a discussion about price. It's not in the for sale section.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    This is a discussion about price. It's not in the for sale section.
    And one of MANY that have cropped up over the years. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    If they are intended for sale, should do some home work before posting. Should not be different rules. Take your attitude and stuff it.
    Bit of an oxymoron statement. You suggest he do his home work on them and then put them up for sale. Does not posting on here and asking price not constitute his "homework"???

Thanks for your flawed logic.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Just another one of those "read what is written not what you think was written!" See it every day on here!! K

Wow guys, didn't mean to get people upset, was only wondering if someone could help me with prices, that's all! And to those of you who were nice enough to help, I appreciate it very much. Thank you.
    PS - I'm not a guy, am of the female gender LOL