Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Resident outfitters for stone

Re: BC Resident outfitters for stone

Stone mountain does them for a reasonable rate. It doesn't go against their quota so they sell the hunts cheaper.

Maybe Scoop Lake Outfitters also ? RJ

Like others have said most guides will likely do it but it will still cost you more than a few months worth of paycheques . . . and don't bank on them taking you to the prime areas or finding a 40incher for you. They will be well aware that your next trip is likely be a DIY back into their area and you may tell a few of your buddies. If you're 70 years old you will be more well received than if you are 25!
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

That makes alot more sense well then its better to DIY then can you guys give me tips for stone like what to look for then I was thinking of moodie lakes or cry lake, this will be my first stone hunt I have bin goat hunting up in mcbride so I got some experience with mountain hunting and my fitness is good , so far I have bin told by others that glassing is the key

Quote Originally Posted by cole97 View Post
    That makes alot more sense well then its better to DIY then can you guys give me tips for stone like what to look for then I was thinking of moodie lakes or cry lake, this will be my first stone hunt I have bin goat hunting up in mcbride so I got some experience with mountain hunting and my fitness is good , so far I have bin told by others that glassing is the key
    Get a good hunting partner and get hiking in the mountains where sheep are, and you will be hunting Stone sheep for the price of the tag and gear. You may not kill a ram in the first year, and you may not kill a ram in the 5th year....but you will be hunting sheep and learning something each and every time. Some AMAZING threads on here from both experienced and new-time sheep hunters. Best advice is to get out and hike and hunt in sheep country and see what you learn. Read, study, research, etc.

Course....its addicting as hell, so you've now been warned...

The first place im thinking of is wokkpash lake and hunt in stone mountain provincal park I dont know if anyone has hunted there but it seems like good rugged country in there and also I dont know the history of rams taking out of there also heard its a great area for caribou too

The first place im thinking of is wokkpash lake and hunt in stone mountain provincal park I dont know if anyone has hunted there but it seems like good rugged country in there and also I dont know the history of rams taking out of there also heard its a great area for caribou too
    Stick with your original idea of Moodie.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Have anyone hunt moodie then , heard that there are some nice billies there too

Have anyone hunt moodie then , heard that there are some nice billies there too
    Don't get distracted by goats, caribou, or whatever else crosses your path. If you want to hunt sheep I suggest hunting sheep only . . . I learnt this after my first sheep hunt and then went on 10 more Stones hunts with only one tag in hand and found it a much more focussed/satisfying trip even if no tags were cut. As much as I love chasing billies when I see one on a sheep trip I have never wished for that extra tag. Others will disagree but we're all wired a little different.

A book worth reading is "Sheep and Sheep Hunting" by Jack O'Connor. Cost me $125 in the day and is likely twice that now . . . will provide some good info and fuel the sheep passion.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

What BC billies says. Lots of guys buy extra tags and get distracted. Moodie has always done well for sheep and it is not as busy as some might have you think if you get away from the lake.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir