88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

77 87.50%
  • No

11 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Bear.Whos Going Out

Re: Spring Bear.Whos Going Out

I've never hunted bears before but I would really like to take my first. Its gonna be so cool
    Cody
    "Very Nice."

Fore sure! I've been getting geared up for a few weeks already. I plan to go for black bear in a few of the same places I've spotted them last season. Can't wait!
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

I'll be going, but mostly to take pictures. My son wants to get a bear, but if he doesn't want to eat it, then we won't shoot one. John
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

I plan on going for a bear, been here in Ontario and the hunting here sucks cause too many guys not enough space, and no spring hunt.

I return HOME to the Island March 24 and hope to find a couple of hunting partners and go get a bear I will go alone too.

Will be living in Shawnigan Lake so if your looking for a partner let me know, bow or gun don't mater to me.

Dan

youngfellla Guest

Up north for grizz, and hopefully a trip to the Charlottes for black bears as well. And as always I'll be hunting out of my back yard

Quote Originally Posted by youngfellla
    Up north for grizz,
    Correct me if wrong, but have you just beat out the 'enhanced' odds against you, to win another G Bear permit ?? Attago !!

youngfellla Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch
    Correct me if wrong, but have you just beat out the 'enhanced' odds against you, to win another G Bear permit ?? Attago !!
    Yeah, sort of. I didn't get my first or second choice, but ended up getting a substitute hunt, so I'll take it 6-20 C over by the Chukachida
    Last edited by youngfellla; 02-26-2007 at 10:18 PM.

hey all i am new to the sports recently completed my pal and core programs and i now have my hunters number and would really like to get out there for spring bear, none of my friends hunt and was wondering if any of you are planning a weekend trip somewhat close to the lower mainland and was wondering if I could tag along just to see what its all about, or any suggestions on getting out there

I'll have to guide a bunch of hunts this spring, but I always find time to hunt myself in between hunts or after ( sometimes nice as I've already been driving around alot so I know where the bears are.) Will be my wifes first time hunting bear for herself....hope her first one is a 7footer or better. ( put a real big one to sleep last year so I'll be trying for him if I'm a bit lucky).
    It'd look better on "my" wall!!

Looks like grizz all the way for me! Yee haw!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!