Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the longest range you have taken a big game animal?

Re: What is the longest range you have taken a big game animal?

690 yards black bear went 2 feet straight down

Mine was gopher hunting on the pairies. Had my K77 22. LR. Started to sneak up on a town but could only get to within 2 klics before the sentry saw me. Decided that I wasn't going to get any closer than that so I decided to set up my shooting bench. Kept an eye on em and the occasional funnel cloud that was touching down from time to time. Figured that I may have to allow for a bit of windage,when I started shooting, at least it was level though so that helped. Well to cut a long story short I wasn't set up for no more than a few minutes when wouldn't you know it a damn funnel touched down right in the center of parie town. Little beggars were sucked up like a strawberry squishy through a 7-11 straw. Honest, saw it all through my scope! Craziest thing you ever saw, they were going around and around. You know I would even say that the little buggers were screaming. Anyways, getting back to the story, like I said I was watching them through the scope, when one of the damn things was thrown clear and was coming straight at me at about 200kph 30 feet off the deck. I was thinking this ain't good. Guy might get hurt if that hit him. So I began a thinking better get him before he gets me! So decided that I would adjust the scope a few clicks for the height, had to act fast didn't have much time, (remember he's a coming at 200kph). Line up on the little sucker again, now I can see him clear as a bell at about a kilometer out. Lips were pulled back almost to his ass! Felt kinda sorry for him, BANG!!! Son of a gun must of cartwheeled a 1000 times and piled up at about 3feet in front of the bench!!!! Best damn shot I ever made. True story. Honest! Got it on my camera but unfortunately I didn't have a digital one or I would post some pics. Have a nice day, love you guys!!

Forgot to say that I have my fire ******ant clothing on right now!

LOL best laugh I've had all day!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

99% of the animals I've killed have been well under 100 metres. Heck most are under 50. Would be lucky if my longest shot was 150 metres.

all i can say is anything over 400 yards is a long way...

Always under 150 for me.Anything further out I cut down the distance its easier for me.

I've never had to shoot too far. I think the furthest was a goat at about 225 metres.
    Twist and pull.

Statler,
    That was just too much. We used to snare gophers with binder twine, when I was a kid. Got 25 cents for every tail. The only time I saw one in the air, my old man emptied his acetenlyne tank down a hole and then struck a spark. Needless to say, ther weren't no tail left that day.
    red neck pick up lines:
    do you have a library card, cause I'd like to sign you out.
    if Yer gonna regret this in the morning, we can sleep til the afternoon
    You might not be the best lookin girl here, but beauty's only a light switch away.
    Your eyes are as blue as window cleaner

200 yds is the max range I have set for myself. I practice shooting (off-hand) thoughout spring/summer for fall hunting. If I want to see if I can hit anything over 200 yds, I'll go to a range/area and punch holes in paper.