Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swaro spotter post purchase update

Re: Swaro spotter post purchase update

Awesome to hear. I appreciate your feedback. I figured the stay-on case was a must for me, I can be a little clumsy at times.
    R.I.P BiG Boar

I’ve used the Swaro 20-60x65 HD ATM since 2011. It is the angled magnesium version which is a bit lighter but not made anymore. Never felt the need to upgrade it, nor the do I use a cover…the Swaro green armour is holding up just fine. I did buy a neoprene cover but never used it as it added weight and bulk that was unneeded for me, just keep it separated from the tripod in the pack.

The Swaro eye piece cover falls off in the pack so I use a neoprene beverage can koozie that I hook over the sight tube via a little slit and in the neoprene. About wore out the koozie so maybe that is my additional protection for the scope.

The real trick to wanting more than 50X or 60X magnification is the Phone Scope…taking phone photos and further enlarging them. Probably increases magnification by an additional two to five times what the scope is set at. Huge deal counting points, horn age rings or tips above the nose to determine legality.
    Last edited by Blockcaver; 12-08-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    I’ve used the Swaro 20-60x65 HD ATM since 2011. It is the angled magnesium version which is a bit lighter but not made anymore. Never felt the need to upgrade it, nor the do I use a cover…the Swaro green armour is holding up just fine. I did buy a neoprene cover but never used it as it added weight and bulk that was unneeded for me, just keep it separated from the tripod in the pack.

The Swaro eye piece cover falls off in the pack so I use a neoprene beverage can koozie that I hook over the sight tube via a little slit and in the neoprene. About wore out the koozie so maybe that is my additional protection for the scope.

The real trick to wanting more than 50X or 60X magnification is the Phone Scope…taking phone photos and further enlarging them. Probably increases magnification by an additional two to five times what the scope is set at. Huge deal counting points, horn age rings or tips above the nose to determine legality.

That is a good solid tip. The phone skope is almost a must. I ordered the phone skope the day I ordered the spotting scope. The ability to do exactly as you said had me sold.
    R.I.P BiG Boar

Another option to check out vs the phone scope is the Mag scope. Much more versatile than the phone scope.

I thought about the mag base scope system but do not think it is compatible with a magnetic base charger on the iPhone 15? Just got the new phone after the old iPhone 7 was “worn old and obsolete”.

the onglass system is getting a lot of good reviews over on rokslide, and if i remember correctly its quite a bit cheaper than the magscope or ollin units.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1993ap View Post
    I agree, I always want more power than 60. I wish swaro made a 75x zoom.
    Interesting, I have a 60x and all I see is heat mirage