Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Salmo Creston Sheep Draw

Salmo Creston Sheep Draw

I have Drawn the Salmo Creston Sheep Draw.. At the Moment im not a sheep Hunter . Sounds like its not going to be Easy . Im up for it tho . you never know, it might go better than i expect .. anyone from the area or who is a sheep hunter who would like to join me or Help me Take It. I Would love to have you along .
    " Never tell me the Odds "

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Salmo Creston Sheep Draw

you are one lucky dude. thats a sick draw to get. cousins live up there. i've seen the herd right off the hwy in late december. pretty cool. got some nice pics at the time.

I dont know much about the area other than driving through, but there are some nice rams that I've seen while driving over the pass!!

I know someone who will likely help you. I will ask him first.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Good chance to bag the Sheep of your life. Make sure you put some time aside to hunt the area. That's a good draw.

The hunt is open on Sept 10 . and i have already booked off as much time as it take . Im in need of Help tho . someone to take the Photos ! Im hearing there hasnt been many taken from there in the last ten years or so . many Rams that arent Legal . and some that were hit by cars . Buy im not discouraged . Anything can happen if i put the time In ,and of course i would most grateful to anyone who would love to see one harvested from the Area ..

If ya need a guy to run a video camera or help out for a few days let me know, I'm sure I can muster up a few days to help if your looking.

There are rams there and beauties at that. Get out there every weekend you can preseason. Buddy at work hammered a smoker ram years ago with the same draw. Took him almost a month to find them. Many people, including myself covet this tag so make us proud and good luck!

Be prepared to put in time, and I mean lots of it. This is by no means a gimmi sheep. I know a few guys that have had the tag, and hunted hard and didn't even see a decent ram. Some times they are there, some times not.

i have booked off sept 10 to the 20 . for a start .. i will just quit my job if i have too !. lol. right now im IN Fort Mac working all summer .i already told my boss whats up in Sept .. Kk .anyone that wants to help me out Please PM me and as we get closer to Septeber hopefully we have a crew and plan .Thanks ALL .