Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cur dogs

Re: Cur dogs

Ya rugar was a tight mouth dog till the jump. Very fast is why he got wacked. None of rods other dogs could keep up. Surprise a the wrong cat with a tight mouth dog alone bad recipe.
    I run goat bells on all my dogs.
    Leopard dog voice just sound like your average dog on track. I prefer the ball of a hound with a nice change over chop when treed.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by houndogger View Post
    Ya rugar was a tight mouth dog till the jump. Very fast is why he got wacked. None of rods other dogs could keep up. Surprise a the wrong cat with a tight mouth dog alone bad recipe.
    I run goat bells on all my dogs.
    Leopard dog voice just sound like your average dog on track. I prefer the ball of a hound with a nice change over chop when treed.
    they have a range just got to learn to hear it..
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    they have a range just got to learn to hear it..
    Don't you remember how deaf I am...lol
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by houndogger View Post
    Don't you remember how deaf I am...lol
    I'm kinda deaf myself......
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Would you recommend running more than one dog so it has back up or help against a cat, more barking power? I have been told the more dogs the more problems and harder keeping track of them all. If I was to get big game dogs I always thought I would run at least two but that is all in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Would you recommend running more than one dog so it has back up or help against a cat, more barking power? I have been told the more dogs the more problems and harder keeping track of them all. If I was to get big game dogs I always thought I would run at least two but that is all in theory.
    Two is all you need, You can catch a lot with one dog if the cats behave. I disagree that more dogs more problems. I run as many as 9 dogs at a time if I have pups to train. All make every tree and all learn to walk off the tree without leashes. I hear about hounds doing their own thing and creating problems but not in my pack.