Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to BC, need advice!

Moving to BC, need advice!

Hello all I currently live in manitoba but will be in the Langley area early may. I hunt whitetail deer, ducks, geese, grouse, and just started black bear. I have no idea where or what I can hunt out in BC but can't wait to get out there! Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moving to BC, need advice!

Quote Originally Posted by alargerodent View Post
    Hello all I currently live in manitoba but will be in the Langley area early may. I hunt whitetail deer, ducks, geese, grouse, and just started black bear. I have no idea where or what I can hunt out in BC but can't wait to get out there! Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Read the BC hunting regs - understand the bit about about being a BC resident hunter (available online)

Start with the core course - that will tell you what you can hunt in BC.

Then buy back road books and spend a small fortune on gas - that will tell you where to hunt in BC......

Good luck with your move!
    Last edited by Kudu; 04-23-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by alargerodent View Post

Thanks!
    If you have your Manitoba hunter safety card, you may not have to take our CORE course.

But there won't be hunting for you this fall. We have a 6 month residency require for big game.
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

From Langley figure on regular trips to the area known as "Beyond Hope". Until you are legal to hunt, start with some scouting trips.
    If you are lucky maybe your work schedule is flexible, or maybe you're retired? Nothing worse it seems when it's long weekend and
    you are trying to get home from or travelling to the interior of BC. Do you have massive traffic jams in Manitoba? Hunting in BC is great,
    but be prepared to spend a ton on gas as mentioned. A ton.

From Langley you are at least an hour from Blacktail and Black Bear hunting about 2.5-3 hours from good mulies and whitetail.

If you get here at the beginning of May you should be legally aloud to hunt by Nov. Perfect for the rut
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

BC does stand for Bring Cash,,,,found that out 8 years ago when I moved in from Northern Ont,,,however its worth the price,,lots of great people,,awesome hunting,,awesome fishing,,,awesome scenery

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser98 View Post
    If you have your Manitoba hunter safety card, you may not have to take your CORE course.
    That is true. Your card is valid to get a number in BC.....that I can guarantee.

I should add....you'll love it out here. Although I head back to hunt muzzleloader whiteys with my Dad...this province is beautiful! 19 years and loving it!!!
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 04-23-2014 at 10:43 PM.

You probably won't get into bear, but early may puts you eligible for the muley rut in November. Plus you will get some duck and geese hunting in.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

There's a good duck/goose hunting a lot closer than big game if you need to stick close to town for a while after your move.
    Last edited by andrewscag; 04-23-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    These are the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    That is true. Your card is valid to get a number in BC.....that I can guarantee.

I should add....you'll love it out here. Although I head back to hunt muzzleloader whiteys with my Dad...this province is beautiful! 19 years and loving it!!!
    I tried that with my Ont card, and they made me get a letter from Ont fish and game that stated I had at some point taken a CORE type program. They wouldnt accept the card as proof, even though you cant get a card without the course or test at some point,,,