Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sharktooth Mountains - sheep

Re: Sharktooth Mountains - sheep

Go for it. I know 3 guys who went in there a bunch of years ago and all came out with rams. One was a cranker

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    A very busy place , long ways to hike in to find 2-3 camps Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Go for it. I know 3 guys who went in there a bunch of years ago and all came out with rams. One was a cranker
    It just got busier! 😉
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Hee Hee " a bunch of years ago" in sheep country .......
    A bunch of years ago Jack O'Conner shot a cranker of a ram too....
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I am thinking the best way to hunt that mountain is not climbing it.....once you're on it, what you can see is very limited....the ram I saw was there about august 10th if that helps....I would imagine he spent the whole summer up there.
    Built for shale not trail.

I would agree that climbing it wouldn't necessarily be the best way to hunt it. I do want to summit the mountain regardless though. My trips are rarely limited to just one sport.

There are nice rams there.Hard area but take it one day at the time.Seen lots also north of the lake.Keep your options open.Good country that ways.

If my memory serves me right..Gordon Eastman took a 40 plus incher...He said it was a perfect curl...He rolled the horns on the dock and it tracked straight..It was a very nice sheep...Me thinks that there isn't lots of sheep there ..but there are some very good genetics in the Sharktooth range..

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    If my memory serves me right..Gordon Eastman took a 40 plus incher...He said it was a perfect curl...He rolled the horns on the dock and it tracked straight..It was a very nice sheep...Me thinks that there isn't lots of sheep there ..but there are some very good genetics in the Sharktooth range..
    Yes that was a very nice ram that Gordon Eastman shot but that was back in late 60's and a long ways east of the Sharktooths .

Good luck never a bad day Stone's sheep hunting .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I'd be very interested to see what you find out there. I have been looking at hunting in the vicinity of that mountain for a few years now but it is a tough one to access. Just imagine what a guy could accomplish in there if he had the summer and fall to skulk around looking for a sheep in there I'd offer my assistance but I already have summer/fall plans! Good Luck!
    The 'where-to-go' department - it's like a rod, dog or gun: a thing to be loaned or given as a personal courtesy.

I was under the impression that Jack O'Connor took his big ram a number of miles east of Sharktooth as well. He may have shot more than 1 ram in the Northern Serenghetti but the one I know he did kill was well East of there.