Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharktooth Mountains - sheep

Re: Sharktooth Mountains - sheep

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    A very busy place , long ways to hike in to find 2-3 camps Good luck
    Maybe you could suggest another lake in that country lol!
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Maybe you could suggest another lake in that country lol!
    Would love to but don't know if any .......
    Riverboat way safer the airplane
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Would love to but don't know if any .......
    Riverboat way safer the airplane
    Figured that super cub would get you into a little hot spot.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Figured that super cub would get you into a little hot spot.
    Was thinking more like a Potter PC-6
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I like the OP's initiative and drive . . . you get back to Sharktooth and you will likely be alone (even if you had a partner to start with). The westerly edge of the range is worthy of a closer look.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

If I was you I would focus on the proven Ram areas accessible from Dall, Denetiah and another lake in close proximity (funny but I can't recall the name?). The rams are where they always are, in the proven country. Fringe areas produce "fringer" results.

Never seen any sheep in that area but bring a goat tag and rope

Yup, that's definitely goat looking country.

Hey 40incher - Geoskier was willing to do some R&D for the 🐑 brotherhood! 😄
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

I'm pretty set on that area. There is no written record of an ascent on Sharktooth and I was hoping to add that to the mix. Hearing about that ram on top stoked the fire more. I thought it would be pretty amazing to glass from the highest mountain in the area. I do have the mountaineering experience and I spent last summer working near Dease Lake and could see Sharktooth on clear days (140km away). I also canoed the Turnagain a while back and saw a glimpse of the sharktooth on a day hike. So although I want a sheep, I also want to see this mountain up close.

I have 2 weeks booked so if I am not seeing any sign I can always move to the east side of the lake towards Moody Lk. Either way, fitness won't be an issue as I will be clambering around the mountains north of Dease for 6 weeks leading up to the trip.

Some nice rams have come out of fringe areas. The journey is often more memorable than the ram itself . . . you need to make this trip happen.