Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharktooth Mountains - sheep

Sharktooth Mountains - sheep

I've seen minimal info on the Sharktooth on HBC or elsewhere on the internet... this is part of the reason I am going there this summer. I just booked my flight into Dall Lake for the 29th of July. I have a pretty good idea of how I am going to hunt the range but I was wondering if anyone has any experience there they would care to share. I wouldn't mind bouncing my ideas off someone who has already been there. I would prefer PM's.

I realize that there are higher density areas to the east and north but I am pretty set on the Sharktooth.

Additionally, I have a tentative partner right now but if he bails I may be looking to fill the seat (likely hunt solo) into Dall Lake. Should have an answer in 3 weeks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sharktooth Mountains - sheep

There is at least one guy on here that could tell you a few things

Heck I'd go there cause the name is cool.

Rough looking mtns, ive looked at em from several different angles several times, but never hunted em.
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I think that's a good bet.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Very cool country. Lots of ups and downs. It's a bit of a haul from Dall to shark tooth vertically.

My father in-law hunted them decades ago. Never had any success with sheep because they were too busy packing out goats, bears, and I think caribou. If I remember correctly, at the time the one bear was way up there in the book. He always wanted to go back in there.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

A very busy place , long ways to hike in to find 2-3 camps Good luck
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    long ways to hike in
    That was another thing he mentioned. A heck of a pack out, and if you know him, that is saying something.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I remember 25 years ago a single ram standing righ on top of shark tooth, when we flew over it. I also remember it being steep! You won't need to go that far....however, that's all I'm going to say
    Built for shale not trail.