Thread: Best Line Of The Day

Best Line Of The Day

So there we were, training on live birds with 5 highly bred hunting dogs - 3 WPGs a Pudlepointer and a Drathaar. Basically, enough nose power to find a single feather in a blizzard.

One of the birds gets loose from the launcher and flys away, as happens occasionally. Big Boar looks at me, shakes his head and says

"Wouldn't it be great to have a device that could locate the birds when they get loose like that?"

Yeah, it sure would BB, whatcha thinking....maybe a phone app or something?
    To warm barrels and cold noses

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best Line Of The Day

All you needed was a lab!!! haha! the hair gets in the way of the sniffer

I was just so mad that Big Slapper would have lost and wasted a good training bird like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    So there we were, training on live birds with 5 highly bred hunting dogs - 3 WPGs a Pudlepointer and a Drathaar. Basically, enough nose power to find a single feather in a blizzard.

One of the birds gets loose from the launcher and flys away, as happens occasionally. Big Boar looks at me, shakes his head and says

"Wouldn't it be great to have a device that could locate the birds when they get loose like that?"

Yeah, it sure would BB, whatcha thinking....maybe a phone app or something?
    They already have it its called The Springer
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

That's funny !!!!

I've got a pretty funny one too. I was in WS last weekend and there was about a three year old boy waiting for his dad to try on some new hunting boots. I had my Airedale terrier and our 5-1/2 month old German Shorthair puppy with me in the store. The boy really was fond of our pointer Kienzle, and was petting her and telling his dad that the puppy loves him. Kienzle has a very heavily ticked pattern on her coat, so it was very amusing as we were walking away to go to the camping section hearing the boy says to his dad "That puppy has its hunting suit on"

Lol that is funny. I didn't hear that one

Ask him about the non lathering soap I keep on my boat. ......the gel one in the green bottle. Lol

Ughh. I forgot about that pat. I had to use turpentine to get that stuff off.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    I was just so mad that Big Slapper would have lost and wasted a good training bird like that.
    Pretty sure it was you who loaded the trap and handed it to me to plant ...
    set it down and it sprung ....quality control was just not where it needed to be
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.