Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I...

Re: Can I...

My dad has story's of when they were kids, in they're small logging town ... they used to head out to the dump and pit lamp rats until the we hours of the morning.

Sounded like a tonne of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Not knocking the activity, but currently it's not allowed here so there's no point in practicing.
    You might have that wrong - show me the regs that say I can't shoot schedule C animals at night....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    You might have that wrong - show me the regs that say I can't shoot schedule C animals at night....

Show us all where we can!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I have had experience with hunting beavers at night in the Queen Charlotte's/HQ where they are classified as pests. We were working as foresters for a Forestry Company, We were hunting them on that companies claim, we were really culling them because they were blocking culverts, we had written permission from the COS and MOF and had submitted a written plan how we we going to hunt them: The permission was for a certain number of nights and certain times in a determined location:

However that was in the 1990's... maybe things have changed? I doubt it though
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Legi0n View Post
    In my opinion schedule C animals can be taken at night.
    My rationale is the wording: "captured or killed" as opposed to "hunted".
    I think you are correct.

I would still suggest getting a legal opinion from Stephen McIvor, but schedule c killing is not considered hunting. I think it's legal.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Anybody know Stephen McIvor's email? Just did a search but came up with nothing relevant.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Legi0n View Post
    In my opinion schedule C animals can be taken at night.
    My rationale is the wording: "captured or killed" as opposed to "hunted".
    I agree, this is my take on it as well.

I also challenged the CORE and it never came up, and the wording is quite contradictory in the regulations, as it would seem im not the only one confused. And of course id never do something without making sure its legal, thats why im here asking questions, as a 1st year hunter.

And... can you quote the link to the info regarding discharge at night? or does the lack of the law make it ok to do? may have to call this one in...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Shooting at night is legal if done safely. Schedule C at night? I don't know. Never thought of it.
    Last edited by VancouverSkiBum; 04-23-2014 at 12:51 AM.
    “The probability of success is difficult to estimate; but if we never search the chance of success is zero.”

There is no federal or provincial that says you can't shoot at night.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well I may have been a little off the mark on my first post, it happens LOL But after all my looking I still can't find a clear rule as to the "TIME OF DAY"

Schedule C

Schedule "C" animals can be captured or killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife:
    (a) Rana catesbeiana - American bullfrog
    (b) Rana clamitans - green frog
    (c) all species of the family Chelydridae - snapping turtles
    (d) Didelphis virginiana - North American opossum
    (e) Sylvilagus floridanus - eastern cottontail
    (f) Oryctolagus cuniculus - European rabbit
    (g) Myocastor coypus - nutria
    (h) all species of the genus Sciurus - gray squirrels and fox squirrels
    (i) Passer domesticus - house sparrow
    (j) Sturnus vulgaris - European starling
    (k) Columbia livia - rock dove (domestic pigeon)

You do need a hunting licence to hunt the following Schedule "C" wildlife UNLESS you are hunting them on your property or they are damaging your property:
    (a) all species of the genus Corvus - crows, except Corvus corax - common raven
    (b) Pica pica - black-billed magpie
    (c) Molothrus ater - brown-headed cowbird and the eggs of this bird species may be destroyed.
    Would be nice to have official opinion on this from our members in blue. I know your out there LOL

This opens up so many other questions, like shooting grey tree rats with my sub 500fps pellet rifle in city limits. But that's for another post!!
    Last edited by Steeleco; 04-23-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!