Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raven & Crows

Re: Raven & Crows

I've got two dead ones hung up in the big pine tree in my front yard, gonna have to wait till the wind shakes them loose, till then they ain't goin anywhere near that tree! Something I've done many times is when they start to get wise is I fill some big garbage bags with crumpled up newspaper and throw them out in or near their flight path. Throw a few pieces around the bags, they can't resist. A few decoys work best in this situation but I've done it without them also. Good luck, K

I took 1 of the dead crows and traced it out on cardboard,,,,,then used the 1 from the cardboard and traced out 18 more,,,,,bought 4 cans of cheap black spray paint,,,,,then hot glued cloths pins to bottom,,,,can put a few in the trees as well as a good handful on the ground,,,,I used anywhere of 6-15 decoys,,,,I've even had coyotes coming in to check them out
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    I took 1 of the dead crows and traced it out on cardboard,,,,,then used the 1 from the cardboard and traced out 18 more,,,,,bought 4 cans of cheap black spray paint,,,,,then hot glued cloths pins to bottom,,,,can put a few in the trees as well as a good handful on the ground,,,,I used anywhere of 6-15 decoys,,,,I've even had coyotes coming in to check them out
    Thanks!! Hope you don't have the patent on that, cause I'd like to try it.

Went to the neighbours today. Got chased around by the little Stud donkey and ended up hiding behind a bundle of fence posts. Seems like UnderArmour is like lingerie to that little bugger!lol Put on some plaid so he'd leave me alone!

Turned on the foxpro and 5 crows came in fast. Took 3 good shots, but only dropped 2 outta the sky. Must be the ammo, was using #2, 2oz copper buffered 3" federals today. Got a raven coming in late to investigate. After that it was "crickets" on that ranch too.

I guess it's time to get the Yamaha golf cart out of storage for spring gophers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    The big branding party is next weekend. Great comraderie with great people. Usually end up at the Horsefly Follies after. Always a great time!

No, can't imagine gopher hunting on the island. Are there any on the island?
    Mostly use a 22 for gophers, but the places we can use a 22-250 sure puts smiles on faces.
    Say Hi to Doug and Wendy B for me, Miss the gopher shooting but not the gophers lol
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I guess it's time to get the Yamaha golf cart out of storage for spring gophers.
    I have a Yamaha golf cart... can I come play ??

Quote Originally Posted by itsy bitsy xj View Post
    I have a Yamaha golf cart... can I come play ??
    Depends. I don't like to share my SuperSecretSpots!

And here I thought I was the only guy in BC that bought a golf cart strictly for hunting (and Sporting clays).

I gotta say it, your avatar pic is Awesome!!

Foxton, will do if I run into them
    Last edited by Drillbit; 04-21-2014 at 11:13 PM.