Thread: Youth Hunting

Post Youth Hunting

I have a quick question about youth hunting, I myself am a youth hunter and I hunt with my dad. I've debated getting my license. If I get my license am I still considered a "youth hunter" can I still hunt in the youth hunter category and get the special hunting rights that that entails? Thanks guys and gals!

-Nick

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Youth Hunting

Nick,

From memory, not reading the regs, you are still considered a youth hunter because of your age. The benefit is you get your own tags and can apply for LEH. I've been skunked for 5 years in a row but when my son got his hunting license he started getting LEH draws.

Happy hunting!

Allan
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Re: Youth Hunting

So long as your not yet 18 and didn't already get a youth license this year you can take the course and get your own hunter number. With your own hunter number you can buy and cut your own tags. If you get in a class ASAP you will have your own license and tag in time for Sept 1st. The only issue is if your dad already bought you a junior license (the $7 one) as this will negate your ability to get a license of your own until April 1st if 2016. Your not allowed to buy two licenses in one hunting year. If your Dad did get the junior license you can still take and get your own hunter number and have it ready for spring next year.

I'd suggest a PM to Matt Jenkins here on the site, he teaches the hunter class in Cloverdale. Taught my daughter at 14 and did a great job.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!