Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bears in the lml or within 1.5 hrs

Re: Bears in the lml or within 1.5 hrs

I don't hunt bears.. But 3 out of 6 times I ventured to the back of chilliwack lake I have seen bears. One of them was flipping huge! Came out onto the dirt road and blocked my view of the road beyond it. All jiggily and everything, almost thought it was a grizzly. But it was so black it looked purple. This was last year btw. So who knows.

Re: Bears in the lml or within 1.5 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    I'm originally from Ladner but never hunted bears anywhere but the okanagan kootenays and northern bc but I'm heading to the coast for the weekend and wanted to tak a buddy who just got his license. I could care less if I shoot a bear there as I spend enough time here doing it but would be cool if he got to see one or better yet I got to teach him to gut and skin a bear.
    In return I'll put an invite to u to either come stay and hunt in the okanagan where I can put u on a good deer, basically anywhere in regions 8,3,6 and 7a for moose region 4 for goats or if u draw a tag for goat in 8.
    Squamish blackies are on the move and 1.5 hrs will put you just about into the start of the good hunting. Cut blocks away from the Squamish and Elaho mains are a good bet. Ashlu used to be good but haven't been there since they put in the run of the river project; might be closed now. Good luck and enjoy.