Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet Another Youth Hunting Question

Re: Yet Another Youth Hunting Question

Good policy, get here her number and her own tags and fill the freezer. Make damn sure you make the best use of the youth season. It's got both my kids well and truly hooked on hunting. It's much easier than hunting as an adult, but that's the point!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by hare_assassin View Post
    No fault of anyone here, but I am more confused now than ever.

One thing seems certain. If my daughter gets her CORE then she can get a hunter number and all the stuff that goes along with it.

Maybe best just to leave it at that.
    yup you got it!
    But she cant hunt alone until her 18th birthday.
    It does get a tad confusing because as steelco said, they changed it last year and any kid under 18 can now hunt with a junior licence. It used to only be 10-14 that could do that.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Not quite, the parent of guardian must be there to get the "Acknowledgement of responsibility" The child, core or no core can't buy the license with out the little blue paper!
    that is if the store employees know the rules.LOL

cripes kids hunted for years no blue paper....till someone figured it out in the store....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

As stated, this age change for JUNIOR licencing and YOUTH has caused several problems in wording of new regulations for other groups as well as the HUNTING SYNOPSIS. In a few years we will all get used to what is 'meant' by the wording, and all will be well for another 40 years or so (how long the CORE program has been in BC).

And then you get into the Introductory License which needs no core either take water and dirt then stir.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.