Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dealing with a shady breeder

Re: dealing with a shady breeder

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    How is this going to help, maybe this person would like to respond to these accusations, as at this point that's all WE know, there's always two sides to every story! I'm sure Steve isn't making this up but to cut-off this initial communication line doesn't make sense to me. And no, I have no connection to this person. K
    Sorry but when it takes a breeder 20 mos to get a buyer their papers and then trys to double talk their way out of it there is not 2 sides the buyer is being shafted PERIOD. No responsible breeder does this. Its against the CKC Regulations and Federal Law, plain and simple, no defence.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Stay on it !! .... we don't need this type of thing going on. Good luck.
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Sorry but when it takes a breeder 20 mos to get a buyer their papers and then trys to double talk their way out of it there is not 2 sides the buyer is being shafted PERIOD. No responsible breeder does this. Its against the CKC Regulations and Federal Law, plain and simple, no defence.
    Sorry, but cutting her off of communicating here helps how? I'm sure she ain't gonna do sfa about this but putting her on a vacation from here is gonna accomplish sfa also. K

Sorry, but cutting her off of communicating here helps how? I'm sure she ain't gonna do sfa about this but putting her on a vacation from here is gonna accomplish sfa also. K
    It's going to stop her doing it again to some unsuspecting HBC member. Not everybody reads every thread, hard to believe, but true!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I'm reading this thread and noticed that a post has been removed/deleted.....my question to you is how do you think a vacation to this forum is going to help.....maybe this person would like the chance to defend themselves? Also i feel that involving others (as the removed post did) and basically throwing them under the slandering bus is quite foolish and inconsiderate. As you said you are in a small town and the internet is a huge place to air dirty laundry. From what i read on that old post basically it was saying that the people that re-homed this other dog shouldn't have had that opportunity because of a financial thing?! Do you know these people personally? Are they giving this dog a suitable home? Is the dog mis-treated? I feel very strongly about these accusations that are being said about everyone on this thread. I'd be interested in the other side of the story, as i'm sure others would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbuggr View Post
    I'm reading this thread and noticed that a post has been removed/deleted.....my question to you is how do you think a vacation to this forum is going to help.....maybe this person would like the chance to defend themselves? Also i feel that involving others (as the removed post did) and basically throwing them under the slandering bus is quite foolish and inconsiderate. As you said you are in a small town and the internet is a huge place to air dirty laundry. From what i read on that old post basically it was saying that the people that re-homed this other dog shouldn't have had that opportunity because of a financial thing?! Do you know these people personally? Are they giving this dog a suitable home? Is the dog mis-treated? I feel very strongly about these accusations that are being said about everyone on this thread. I'd be interested in the other side of the story, as i'm sure others would be too.
    Hmmm join date April 2014 and your first post do you perhaps have a "dog in this fight" so to speak? You seem to have a lot of knowledge and interested for a casual new member funny you should hone in on this thread First of all there IS no defence. The CKC rules and The Federal LAW is quite clear. It does not take 20 months to provide registration papers for a dog plain and simple and to take 20 months makes this 'breeder' a criminal under the Animal Pedigree Act .
    Here it is again just in case you missed it in the other thread
    Animal Pedigree Act ( 1985, c. 8 (4th Supp.)
    Full Document for Printing [131Kb]

PUREBRED STATUS
    30. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the determination of what is a purebred of a distinct breed shall be in accordance with the by-laws of the association incorporated in respect of that distinct breed.

Minimum inheritance
    (2) No association may, by its by-laws, determine that an animal is a purebred of a distinct breed if the animal has less than seven-eighths of its inheritance from the foundation stock of the animal’s breed or from animals previously registered as purebreds by the association.

OFFENCES

No person shall keep records
    63. (1) Except as authorized by this Act, where an association is authorized by this Act to register or identify animals of a distinct breed or evolving breed, no person shall keep pedigrees in respect of animals of that distinct breed or evolving breed or issue any document purporting to evidence that a particular animal is of that distinct breed or evolving breed or so closely resembling a certificate of registration, or certificate of identification, as the case may be, that it would likely be mistaken for such a certificate.
    No person shall issue document
    (2) No person shall issue in respect of any animal any document of any kind likely to deceive the public into believing that the document is a certificate of registration or certificate of identification in respect of the animal or that the animal is registered or identified under the authority of this Act.

PROHIBITIONS
    64.No person shall
    ( a ) knowingly sign or present, or cause or procure to be signed or presented, to a recording officer of any association or of the Corporation any declaration or application in relation to the registration, identification or transfer of ownership of any animal, semen or embryo that contains any material false statement or representation;
    ( b ) knowingly represent that a certificate of registration or certificate of identification applies to an animal other than the one in respect of which it was issued;
    ( c ) knowingly represent that a semen certificate or embryo certificate applies to any semen or embryo other than the semen or embryo in respect of which it was issued;
    ( d ) falsify or alter any certificate of registration, certificate of identification, semen certificate or embryo certificate;
    ( e ) without an express statement that the animal’s registration or identification is from a jurisdiction other than Canada, offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as registered or identified, or as eligible to be registered or identified, within or outside the meaning of this Act, any animal that is not registered or identified, or eligible to be registered or identified;
    ( f ) offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as recorded, or as eligible to be recorded, in the books of any association, or of the Corporation, any semen or embryo that is not recorded or eligible to be recorded in those books;
    ( g ) knowingly offer to sell, contract to sell or sell any animal in a manner that is likely to create an erroneous impression that the animal is registered or eligible to be registered;
    ( h ) offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as a purebred of a breed, any animal that is not registered or eligible to be registered as a purebred by the association authorized to register animals of that breed or by the Corporation;
    ( i ) without an express statement that the animal’s registration, identification or status as a purebred is from a jurisdiction other than Canada, offer to sell, contract to sell or sell, as registered or identified, or as a purebred, any animal for which there is no individual identification in accordance with the by-laws of the association that has registered or identified the animal; and
    ( j ) without an express statement that the animal’s registration, identification or status as a purebred is from a jurisdiction other than Canada and that the animal will not be registered or identified in Canada by the person, sell, as registered or identified, or as eligible to be registered or identified, or as a purebred, any animal without providing to the buyer thereof within six months after the sale the animal’s duly transferred certificate of registration or certificate of identification.
    Unlawful use of names
    65. No person shall, without lawful authority, use the name of the Corporation or the name of any association or any name so clearly resembling the name of the Corporation or the name of an association in a manner that is likely to deceive the public.
    Offence and punishment
    66. (1) Any person who contravenes any provision of this Act or the regulations
    ( a ) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding twenty-five thousand dollars; or
    ( b ) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand dollars

Pretty much the end of the story
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I see this alleged breeder was on here yesterday then subsequently banned, may have been coming on to fix the problem but now we'll never know! K

hmmmm yes join date is april/14 but that does not mean that i can't view the threads before "joining" under this name......i also did and can see the ckc rules, thanks for posting them again. My post was more aimed towards bringing others into this and putting them down without their knowledge. Yes i do know some background about this and as a friend i could not just let it go......as the people that i felt were attacked are good people and do not deserve to be called down in any way! As for the papers situation i hope it gets sorted out in a respectful manner. Everyone is so quick to judge and only hearing one side of a story is a horrible way to judge. Just my opinion and i'm not going to let someone get slammed and blind sided.

I see this alleged breeder was on here yesterday then subsequently banned, may have been coming on to fix the problem but now we'll never know! K
    Kelly give your head a shake, how is she going to "fix" the problem, If she's not fixing it with the puppy owners then she sure as hell isn't going to fix it on here, it's gone way beyond that the only way to even mitigate it a little is to get ALL the people who have bought puppies, their papers immediately. That still won't undo what has been done to the puppy buyers but it will at least be a step in the right direction. Hell at 2 years old these owners may have wanted to trial or show their dogs this is not possible at this age without registration.
    "BORN TO HUNT"

We'll will never know now will we? Peer pressure and the www are pretty powerful tools but seeing as yer having such a hard time getting this I'm not gonna try and explain it. K