Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: dealing with a shady breeder

Re: dealing with a shady breeder

My intentions with this thread was to let all the other dog owners aware of the status of this issue, warn HBC members of her activity since she advertised on this site, and to get some movement in this matter by hoping she got wind of it. I am not interested in creating pages of drama or throwing anyone under a bus but to get this resolved without getting courts involved. Until now it seems like she has confused my patience with a sign of weakness or an indication that I would not escalate this matter to the next level. If this does make it to court I will not just being suing for dog papers but fraud as well if this scenario warrants it and will be flexing what ever power the court gives me to the full extent of the law. I thought that papers had more to do with breeding than anything else but as I have learned they play a much bigger role than just breeding and this is a huge reason for my perseverance with this matter. This breed is not a dog for everyone which has already been demonstrated in this matter and keeping papers with the dog is way more than just good house keeping. If for any reason the dog has to change owners then every thing is up to date and legal with the exchange. I feel that it is a huge slap in the face to the CKC, CKC members and legitimate CKC breeders and an attempt at undermining the HBC community. Anyone on here could have bought a dog from her since she took it upon herself to advertise on here and expose herself at a public level. This has been more than a disappointing experience and something that I want to put behind me. I should not be gobbling up my coffee and lunch hours on the phone asking the CKC what my next move was and looking for advice. This breed of dog was not an impulse buy and I have been waiting to get one for years when the timing was right and was hoping for a great experience with this dog not fighting for papers.

Good luck Steveo, hope it all turns out good for you.
    One other suggestion is to check with any Breed Clubs ( i.e. a club for the specific breed ) and see if they have any knowledge or experience with that particular breeder. They might be able to offer some insight and help.
    Suing in Small Claims is a relatively easy and economical way to recover any costs that you may have incurred in trying to get the papers, possibly getting something for a diminished value of the dog if it ends up being paperless, etc. but you'll need to substantiate it all and the end result might well be a small judgement which you then have to collect and it sounds like collecting from this person ( I'll refrain from calling her a "Breeder" as that would be disrespectful to reputable Breeders ) would be difficult. So ultimately you spend a few bucks to recover nothing. "Suing for fraud" is a criminal matter, not a civil matter and you'll have to talk to a Lawyer ( $$$$ ) about how to proceed there to have charges laid.
    Be careful here about naming the person and making any allegations that can't be substantiated or you might end up being at the wrong end of the Law. Seen that sort of gong show on here before. Keep to the facts and good luck.

My intentions have been stated for the reason for this thread and the outcome I am interested in is the papers for my dog. I am telling the facts as I know them based on info from the CKC and statements from the breeder. I have to make a judgement call between how I feel I am being treated from the breeder and what information the CKC is providing me with. I am also looking for anyone with similar experiences to help in the matter or anyone with any advice. I know very little about how a court works but I am very willing to let the judge decide who is at fault. I am not a confrontational person like most and dread public speaking but I will get the truth out and the facts heard and let an arbitrator decide.

Finally there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel and a resolve to the issue of the non-delivery of dog papers. I heard through the grape vine the registration application of my dog is sitting in the hands of the CKC waiting to be processed, hopefully within the next week or two. To everyone who has given me advice and given me support, I thank you very much.

Good for you Steve glad it's finally paying off for you
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Finally there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel and a resolve to the issue of the non-delivery of dog papers. I heard through the grape vine the registration application of my dog is sitting in the hands of the CKC waiting to be processed, hopefully within the next week or two. To everyone who has given me advice and given me support, I thank you very much.
    Great news pal, I'm glad it worked out for ya!! Kelly.

What a long haul it has been for you. Hopefully it is the end of the road

Hopefully this will be the last update in the on going non-delivery of registration saga. Guess what I got in the mail this morning, yes finally my certificate of registration. The CKC was very good to deal with and put a great effort in bringing this issue to a resolve. I am sooooooo..... done with this that you have no idea how much effort I have put forward on this dog so far in regards to registration. Unfortunately all these efforts were spent on the phone and sending e-mails and not in the field training but what is done is done. By no means do I believe the resolve to this matter was the pinnacle of all the efforts of the breeder paying off but from me fussing and a snorting in the last two months. To put it in perspective, what wasn't done in 20 months some how was accomplished in 2 months with my involvement, very strange indeed. Although this has been a very regretful experience, I know I have educated myself on the whole process and think I have a good dog out of it. To any one going through something similar or for future puppy buyers, don't be afraid to contact the CKC on your behalf if you think your breeder is dragging their heels because you don't need to only communicate through the breeder. Thanks again for all the advice from everyone and hope to see you in the field.

Great news Steve, now you can spend your time getting your dog ready for fall. Congrats.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.