Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White Robin Kennels

Re: White Robin Kennels

Ok. I know the breeder. He's a nice guy and his wife is a decent person as well, and they are both honest people. They appear to have good breeding stock, but I'm no expert on that point so you'll have to go by the experienced comments of those that have them. How am I doing so far chief?
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    Ok. I know the breeder. He's a nice guy and his wife is a decent person as well, and they are both honest people. They appear to have good breeding stock, but I'm no expert on that point so you'll have to go by the experienced comments of those that have them. How am I doing so far chief?
    I'm biting my tongue Phreddy, don't want to risk being denegrated for expressing an experience.
    We've been driving by their sign on the Highway for over ten years on trips in the area.
    I'm glad that our Daughter supported ( after doing the due diligence of course ) a "local" business in getting her dog there. Our experience over the years with dogs is that sometimes you get nice breeders that produce "bad" dogs, sometimes you get A-hole breeders that produce nice dogs. In this case it was nice breeders and nice dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Very well stated however it's not the excellent advice that Lab Guy is giving that has gotten "hackles" up, it's the personal attacks on people who have simply answered a simple question about their personal experiences with a breeder.
    A simple, "Hey, it's great that some people here have had good personal experiences with the Breeder however I would strongly suggest that in dealing with any Breeder one should .............................. " would have been a bit better received and I doubt that anyone would object but rather would offer thanks for the advice.
    As Lab Guy stated, he is very passionate about his love of dogs and that is understandable and commendable. Man, if you want to get "passionate", try talking to some of us Tollerites. A much, much smaller group of "passionate" people who often let their "passion" cloud the issues and the cabal just degenerates into public and private squabbles.
    100% right on! It was the attitude that got me, I absolutely appreciate the knowledge Labguy has tried to share, but from his first post on this thread it couldn't go anywhere but down. Rude and dismissive don't get you far with people.
    As a far smarter man than I once said" If on the road to knowledge, you stray onto the path of arrogance, then your journey is wasted"

dog groups are harsh!this is the very reason i don't want to run my lab in field trials.

Try to put this whole thing in perspective, Coach (by his own admission) probably got the ball rolling by recommending a breeder without giving any reasons other than he likes his dog. He latter corrected it in a second post but by then the $hit had already started rolling. Labguy simply asked very important questions. The answers are nowhere to be seen on White Robin's website so he pointed out some VERY important considerations when recommending and selecting a breeder. He did not berate the breeder in any way, he simply pointed out some important questions that every potential puppy buyer need to ask, in pointing them out he was straight out and to the point which is his style as a person. I feel lucky to call Labguy a friend, he is anything but arrogant, He simply calls a spade a F-ing Shovel. The man has a big heart when it comes to dogs and people, I personally know of 1 teenage boy with a pound rescue lab that he took under his wing for nothing but the love of the 'game' and helped the kid produce a pretty fine retrieving dog. I have also been lucky enuff to share in his love and generosity when it comes to dogs. He has a world of knowledge in his brain. Ironglove, In your second post you did say to 'meet the people and ASK THE QUESTIONS', but by hen the downhill slide had already started and I think it was missed. As I said before if everyone will step back stop the 'attacks' on one another and take from this thread the important parts which are 1.. people seem to be generally happy with their White Robin dogs. 2.. There are hard questions that you need to be asked when considering buying a puppy. And 3.. Nice people can produce 'bad/poor' dogs and seemingly not so nice people can produce some great dogs. The bottom line is a puppy is a lifetime investment and should be approached with every care and caution to ensure it's a long and happy life.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Putting the whole thing into perspective one also has to consider that if you take a bad dog and put it with a good owner that knows his/her stuff, it will likely become a not too bad dog.
    On the other hand, if you take and excellent dog and put it with a crap head owner that dog will rapidly deteriorate into a bad dog. It's likefirearms....there are not "BAD" firearms, but there are a lot of "BAD" shooters (ie-gang bangers, etc.)
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    Putting the whole thing into perspective one also has to consider that if you take a bad dog and put it with a good owner that knows his/her stuff, it will likely become a not too bad dog.
    On the other hand, if you take and excellent dog and put it with a crap head owner that dog will rapidly deteriorate into a bad dog. It's likefirearms....there are not "BAD" firearms, but there are a lot of "BAD" shooters (ie-gang bangers, etc.)
    Sorry I should have been more specific Bad = Poor genetic health, lack of working drive and temperament etc which comes from not being responsible in your breeding program. Sometimes, all the love, care and knowledge in the world can't fix it.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 04-17-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

FG, I really don't think anyone disagrees with what you said, nor with Lab Guy's excellent suggestions on checking a dog and breeder out, it's the personal attacks, and they only seem to be coming FROM him, not at him.
    I have a ton of respect for his experience, his knowledge and his passion but when accused wrongly of misleading people, not caring, denigrates my Daughter's experience and knowledge, etc., and then using the "I don't like you so I'm finished here" exit strategy, I lose all respect for the person.

Has anyone heard of Royal Labradors in Shelton, WA? Their website is huntinglabradors.com Trying to figure out if they're a good breeder or not...

Here we go again, I know nothing about these dogs, the website posts NO health clearances nor do they post links to pedigrees, clearances or guarantees. They may well be a fine breeding establishment but this information needs to be obtained, use Labuuys list as a starting point.
    "BORN TO HUNT"